Preemies
Options

::Urbanflowerpot::

I remember reading before that you are doing BLW for T.  Do you have any resources that you recommend?

Also, when you and T did breastfeeding bootcamp did you notice that once you found a position that worked that it was hard to try something else?  Owen will only eat in cross-cradle hold from the left side.  He screams if I try to lie him down on his other side to try the cross-cradle from the right side.  We've tried the football hold on the right side but he gives up after a minute and just squaks.  I am thankful that at least he is eating from the left and seems content (only one bottle since saturday night because I was getting my haircut).  Sorry for my rambles...

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: ::Urbanflowerpot::

• Options

That is awesome!!!!! Great! My first trip out was for a haircut, too! LOL

I got him to latch in cross hold first (I think) - but he didn't wake up to eat one night - he just latched on his side! He had a much easier time, so while I was training him we just laid on one side then flipped to the other watching series on Netflix! He was slow and got tired so he'd snooze like that then wake up and go some more. It was several weeks where I had to lay down :/ He could latch sitting up but not for long (not a full feed). Eventually he got bigger and stronger and now I cradle him and we can even walk around doing chores!

...and yes, we are BLW! You should get Gill's book as she is the one who coined the concept. Here is the site, but you will get most information from her book: https://www.babyledweaning.com/. Also, https://baby-led-solids.blogspot.com/ and good blog - https://housewifeconfidential.co.uk/baby-led-weaning/.

Watch this adorable vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUao--6HHCE&list=FL3wPG0Yvl7XfDXZBx_HbhJg&index=3&feature=plpp_video

I have a lot of what we do on our FB page (milestone album). I've never put a thing into his mouth - he does it all himself. When you spoon feed you override their tongue/gag reflex so when BLW it is a slower process. I am so happy with it - can't imagine having done it any other way :D Also, he drinks from a Doidy cup (Amazon) no sippies. Oh, and shot glasses LOL

If you have any specific questions just ask - wrote you a novel back :)

• Options
    Oh, also join the group "baby led weaning" on FB - it's big and lots of helpfulness. For some reason BLW is common in the UK but not here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you for the novel!

I am going to get into researching it after the Christmas madness. So far Owen doesn't put anything in his mouth besides his hands on the odd occasion so I know I have some time.

Last night a light bulb turned on in my head and I remembered in the NICU when we were still attempting to BF Owen used to sit straddled on my leg in a upright position because of his reflex.  We tried it last night and this morning and it seemed to work!

Born at 34w2d:

• Options

Awesome!!! If you do it I'll enjoy the company. I'm the lonely only doing it as far as I know. We bought his high chair around 6 mo actual and he started hanging out at dinner with us. They generally don't show interest until 6 mo adjusted, though, give or take so you have some time :)

Glad to hear a position is clicking - run with it and the rest will fall into place on preemie time of course!!! LOL

• Options
    Baby Owen gave me the best christmas present. NO BOTTLES yesterday. Bottle free since christmas eve afternoon.

Born at 34w2d:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"