3rd Trimester
Options

Why do I read the LOSS board?

Okay I'll admit I lurk on that board.  I work in a PICU and I see children die and I guess I read it to see what mommies go through when they go home.  It is a blessing to be able to be with these families and help them understand what is going on with their child.  However, when they pass we only see them for a short period. I have a job that makes me so thankful to come home to my happy 1yr old and loving dh. But I have to stop reading that board until baby Owen gets here.  I'm going crazy thinking about all of the things that can go wrong.  Why do I do it to myself.  I know all of the million congenital things that can go wrong but not all the other stuff.

Oh, and my vent for the day.  Why are so many complaining that they are pregnant that people aren't treating them like they are fragile.  Sorry it is really getting to me today.

Re: Why do I read the LOSS board?

• Options
    I lurk there too, I get so deeply sad for the families and I feel completely grateful that all has gone well so far but I'm petrified knowing that something could go wrong and she could be taken from me at any moment. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. There's too many posts about "how dare someone mention loss while I'm pregnant?!" Fact is this is a "taboo" subject that really shouldn't be.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekymberleyd22:
    I'm so glad you posted this. There's too many posts about "how dare someone mention loss while I'm pregnant?!" Fact is this is a "taboo" subject that really shouldn't be.

I agree. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"