January 2012 Moms
Options

Really insurance?

So, I got a call from my insurance last week saying that January 1st Talbert will no longer be accepting blue sheild. Um... ok, I go to talbert and I have blue shield and a scheduled c-section Jan 3rd. The lady says oh thats different than, let me see what I can do. She calls me back yesterday saying unless they do the c-section earlier they can not do anything. Im so frustrated, will a new dr even take me being 39 weeks come Jan?

And on top of that we already have everything scheduled, my dads taking time off to watch our son while Im in the hospital, My bf is taking time off that he wont be able to change, my in laws are flying in, my aunt and mom are taking time off work to help around the house and with our son. I dont even know what to do right now.

ugh!!!!! Vent done, need to move on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Really insurance?

• Options

Is Talbert your hospital or your doctor? Sorry for the dumb question.

I just found out that after Jan. 1st our hospital will no longer be accepting BCBS.  They have stated on the hospital website that all pregnancies currently in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters will be accepted after the 1st though, so we are covered.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I really wish there was some insurance clause that said if you're pregnant and due within the first two weeks of the year, they can't adjust anything until after your LO is born.

I don't have any advice... just sympathy :( 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Talbert is the hospital.

I know, at first I was like awesome the lady sounded convincing that they will be able to work something out since my c-section is Jan 3rd. But no,nothing.  

• Options
    imagerosebud218:

Talbert is the hospital.

I know, at first I was like awesome the lady sounded convincing that they will be able to work something out since my c-section is Jan 3rd. But no,nothing.  

That is just ridiculous. I hope you can work something out.  I'm sorry you are dealing with that right now.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options

That's outrageous and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this so close to the birth. Since your c-section is scheduled for the 3rd, can you call your doctor,explain the situation, and ask if it could bumped up to the 31st or 30th? 

I know that probably isn't ideal, but that's the only thing I can think of to help. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSmittyPants:

That's outrageous and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this so close to the birth. Since your c-section is scheduled for the 3rd, can you call your doctor,explain the situation, and ask if it could bumped up to the 31st or 30th? 

I know that probably isn't ideal, but that's the only thing I can think of to help. 

I go tomorrow and will talk to the Dr and see what happens. the hospital wont let him do anything before 39 weeks and I turn 39 weeks on December 31st which is a Saturday. Im hoping he can work something out. Thats pretty much all we can try to do, I cant even see my new Dr,if the Dr will take me this late, till Jan because insurance wont cover it yet.  Its all just a big mess thats stressing me out.

• Options

That's really horrible. I agree with pp about talking to your OB to see if they can schedule it earier. Also you can try calling the hospital, they should have a plan for people who don't have insurance. I don't know how many hospitals you have near you, but maybe there's one that takes you insurance that your OB would be will to swich to giving the circumstances. I would also call your insurance back and talk to someone higher up, just because one person couldn't help you doesn't mean someone else won't be able to.

Hope one of these sugestions help, sorry you have to go though this so close to your DD ( you would think they would have warned you months ago)! My insurance in changing on the 1st (low deductable to mid with higher % of out of pocket), I'm due the 10th so if baby comes after the 1st we will be paying a lot more then we had first planned. But we at least found out in Oct, and it's nothing like what you are going through. Good luck and try not to stress too much!

• Options
    That's awful. I can't believe an insurance company can get away with that. Actually, sadly I can. Insurance companies are rotten IMO.
    I wonder if there's anything your doctor can do? He may have more of an influence with Blue Cross. Or maybe he has some advice.
    Sorry you're going through this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has your C-section already been preauthorized by BCBS?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would also call your insurance company and/or if you have insurance thru a workplace call their benifits place.  They might be able to do something that an office staff at the hospital cannot do.
  • Options

Blue shield will approve the c section if its done on the 31st or earlier of this month. come jan, i will have to go through the other insurance.

Im seeing the Dr tomorrow and see what they say, than its calling insurance back and see if they can do anything else, than it will be calling the new dr's office and see what they can do.

• Options
    That is such an unbelievably crappy situation for you to be in.  I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    speak to a higher power at the hopsital and the insurance company. They can make accomidations if you complain loudly enough.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

Sorry if this has been answered...didn't see it though.  

Is it that your hospital no longer accepts Blue Cross or that Blue Cross is pulling their coverage from that hospital??  That is 2 different situations.  

I agree with PP...I would call and talk with some higher than the first person who answers the phone with BCBS.  I am not sure how they can pull that coverage after it has been scheduled and approved??  

Hope you get it figured out with your doctor.  

• Options
    Have you contacted your state's Office of the Commissioner of Insurance?  I would seriously consider it to see if there are any laws that would prevent them from cutting coverage for maternity needs when there has been a planned date for so long and they have been informed.  Seriously, check it out. 
  • Options

My hospital will longer accept blue shield nor will my dr. i have an app today and will discuss options.

my mom works for the city and is looking into what can be done.

thanks for all your help and support ladies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"