Detroit Babies

Picking a pediatrcian before delivery?

I want to have a pedi already picked out before having l/o but I'm not sure how to do this.  I've gone though a list of referrals and think I've found one but I'm not sure what to do now.  Do I call the office and tell them I'm interested in using dr XX for my newborn.  Do I make appt to meet with this Dr?  I'm totally clueless on what to do.  Any info would be great.

TIA

Re: Picking a pediatrcian before delivery?

• I called the pedi office that I chose, they told me that when I got admitted to make sure to tell them who we chose for the pedi and whatever pedi from the practice was on call at the hospital would be the one to check on DS and discharge him.  I never did an interview.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • I picked ours from friends that used them.  They weren't affliated w/the hospital I delivered out of, so the pedi that is at that hospital is who cared for my kids while we were there. 

I just called the pedi that we wanted to use after DD was a day old & made a newborn appt.  That was the first I had called them. 

If you want to make sure this is the practice you want to use, feel free to make an appt. & check them out, doesn't hurt, but you don't have to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't do an interview either. I felt like I would get there and not really have lots of insightful questions for them. The only real way to know if they will work for you is to take your child to them. That is just my personal opinion though.

I did call the pedi's office and ask if they needed us to fill out any forms or anything. They just asked for the due date, so that they had a general idea of when he'd be 'coming' and that was it. When I was admitted to the hospital they asked for our pedi's name and they contacted them once the baby was born to come and check him out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pretty much the same as the other girls.  I had called our pediatrician's office and they just said to let the hospital know during delivery.  I could have made an appointment to meet one of the doctors, but I decided to pass as I didn't see a need.
  • I had a tour of the pediatrician's office and met the staff, got understanding of their practice, etc.  it made me feel more comfortable with my choice
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • This =)

imageballerina06:
    I called the pedi office that I chose, they told me that when I got admitted to make sure to tell them who we chose for the pedi and whatever pedi from the practice was on call at the hospital would be the one to check on DS and discharge him.  I never did an interview.

I never did an interview because my son's pedi is a good friend of ours .....however if it was a pedi I didn't know .......I might consider an interview and I know a lot of parent's who have interviewed their pedi .....also they asked me when I was admitted to labor and delivery who my lo's pedi was going to be. 

Good Luck =) 

• We're opting for a family physician, so LO will see the same doctor that DH and I see. Our doctor isn't affiliated with the hospital where I'm delivering, though, so LO will see a staff pedi at the hospital until we are discharged.

I already talked to our family physician though, and all we have to do is call his office when the baby is born to schedule the first newborn appt.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"