January 2012 Moms

I wish I could eat that...

Every winter, my DH makes his chili.  He makes it more like a meat soup because he doesn't like it to be too spicy, but it's something I always look forward to in the winter since he let me try it when we started dating.  The problem is that I've had an aversion to tomato sauce, and that's a main ingredient.  He has it simmering overnight, so while he's at work tonight I have to get up and stir it every few hours.  It smells amazing, and I'm going to attempt to eat it, but I suspect after one bowl I'll decide the heartburn just isn't worth it.  I'm trying to talk him into making a batch after Christmas just for freezing so I can eat it after the baby is born.

Anyone else have food within eyesight you really wish you could eat right now?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: I wish I could eat that...

• oh yes.  Anything really spicy.  Any food with lots of red sauce.  And I wish I could have more than a sip of red wine.  All this because of I have had the WORST heartburn ever this pregnancy.  I can't wait to splurge on greasy sauce filled food and a delicious ice cold beer after I have this baby.
  • I have gestational diabetes, so I'm suffering through the holidays without all the glorious cookies, brownies, chocolates, and pie.  Crying  So you can say that I feel your pain....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Lemon Meringue Pie!!  Its my all time favorite, my craving, but it gives me heartburn from heII!!!  
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ugh. Everything. I have GD and PIH, so I'm watching carbs AND sodium and it is the biggest bummer ever! Especially at Christmas! So once all of this is over, I'm going to the taqueria across the street and ordering a huge plate of nachos with carnitas and lots of extra spicy salsa and cheese. I can't wait! That and spaghetti and meatballs. I think I have a cheese fixation. Problematic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so worried that I would have to give up spicy food (I'm definitely a fire eater), but I actually haven't had to.  We joke around that LO is going to come out breathing fire because my favorite food is chipotle's buritto bowls with the hottest salsa on it.  Interestingly, we're naming him Phoenix, and a Phoenix is a fire bird, so it's pretty fitting.  However, in the first trimester, I couldn't handle any garlic at all without having the worst heartburn ever.  Now, I'll occasionally get heartburn at night, but I can't link it to any foods in particular because it's never with the same food.  I almost wish it were just one thing so that I would know what to avoid.
  • Omg I had my dad's chilli the other night and paid for it dearly! I had the worst indigestion of my entire pregnancy! The pain was out of this world. 

I am really craving a deli sub. I am pretty sure I am making DH run to the Wawa right across the street from the hospital after baby is born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageLhand11:

Omg I had my dad's chilli the other night and paid for it dearly! I had the worst indigestion of my entire pregnancy! The pain was out of this world. 

I am really craving a deli sub. I am pretty sure I am making DH run to the Wawa right across the street from the hospital after baby is born.

Are you from NJ? I smiled when I read about Wawa in your post. Not something you hear to much of on these national boards. We <3 our Wawas  

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• All food is getting painful to eat for me. Torturous HB before/after/during eating. It sucks.  But the stuff that REALLY sucks right now is all of the Christmas cookies/desserts people are bringing around.  It's not pregnancy that's stopping me from eating them, but my food allergy.  For some reason I'm just that much more emotional about it now that I'm pregnant. And whenever I make myself GF cookies or goodies I will only let DH and DD eat a certain amount, b/c I want them all for myself, which is very unlike me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagerachel.wenger:
    I have gestational diabetes, so I'm suffering through the holidays without all the glorious cookies, brownies, chocolates, and pie.  Crying  So you can say that I feel your pain....

....and cake and toffee and caramels dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkles with sea salt....

Yeah, gd during the holidays blows. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have an aversion to chicken and eggs Sad.  I am so looking forward to eating deviled eggs as soon as she is born!!!
    bfp #1 - complete m/c 7 weeks 5 days (Mason)
    bfp #2 - missed m/c 7 weeks 6 days (Madison)
    bfp #3 - missed m/c 7 weeks 4 days (Madilon)
    bfp #4 - Payton!

• imageHuahine:

imagerachel.wenger:
    I have gestational diabetes, so I'm suffering through the holidays without all the glorious cookies, brownies, chocolates, and pie.  Crying  So you can say that I feel your pain....

....and cake and toffee and caramels dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkles with sea salt....

Yeah, gd during the holidays blows. 

I completely agree.  And...we received this AMAZING giant tower of Godiva chocolates and truffles today at work.  My boss put them on my desk for everyone to share.  Can we say A**HOLE much??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"