Oregon Babies
Options

Midwife Recommendations

Does anyone know of a good certified nurse midwife whose practice delivers at St. Vincents in Portland?  I would like one that is associated with an obstetrician.

Thanks for your responses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Midwife Recommendations

• Options
    I see Christine Barlow-Reed at Women's healthcare associates.  I love her, but she is out on maternity leave right now.  I delivered my daughter with Lindsay Geunes and my son with Kate Pelosi from the same practice and loved them both.  If I had to choose between the two I'd pick Kate.  All of the midwives in that practice are wonderful.  I had to be seen by one of the OBs during a miscarriage prior to getting pregnant with my daughter.  He was amazing too.  Nothing but great things to say about all of them!
  • Options
    I went to Women's Healthcare Associates too. My midwife was Mary Lewis-Rott. However, I saw a few different MWs there and my favorite hands down was Helen Welch. She was the sweetest woman and made me more comfortable in the one time I saw her than any other doctor has in my life. Very easy to talk to and knowledgable. If I had to pick after Helen I'd say Kate Pelosi except she seemed a little busy (like rushed) a couple times when I saw her. I saw almost all the MW at WHCA (Peterkort South) during my two pregnancies and they were all really wonderful. Only one I had a slight problem with was Jabke, she didn't seem very friendly. The OBs in the office are all great too for the most part. Dr Damon Warhus delivered my son (I had to have a repeat c-section) and he is AMAZING. I do not like male doctors usually but he is so great. Very personable, kind, understanding and straight forward. If you end up having to pair with an OB he's the one.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesoontobe05:
    I went to Women's Healthcare Associates too. My midwife was Mary Lewis-Rott. However, I saw a few different MWs there and my favorite hands down was Helen Welch. She was the sweetest woman and made me more comfortable in the one time I saw her than any other doctor has in my life. Very easy to talk to and knowledgable. If I had to pick after Helen I'd say Kate Pelosi except she seemed a little busy (like rushed) a couple times when I saw her. I saw almost all the MW at WHCA (Peterkort South) during my two pregnancies and they were all really wonderful. Only one I had a slight problem with was Jabke, she didn't seem very friendly. The OBs in the office are all great too for the most part. Dr Damon Warhus delivered my son (I had to have a repeat c-section) and he is AMAZING. I do not like male doctors usually but he is so great. Very personable, kind, understanding and straight forward. If you end up having to pair with an OB he's the one.  

Dr. Warhus is the OB I saw when I was miscarrying.  He definitely was amazing!  I agree that Jabke is the only midwife in the practice that I didn't feel like I connected with. 

• Options
    imageBeaverBeliever12:

imagesoontobe05:

Dr. Warhus is the OB I saw when I was miscarrying.  He definitely was amazing!  I agree that Jabke is the only midwife in the practice that I didn't feel like I connected with. 

I've been seeing Dr Warhus for 5 years for all of my ob/gyn needs including 2 pregnancies (currently in my 2nd).  He's amazing and I hope I never have to see another ob/gyn ever. He didn't deliver my 1st (Dr Hoffman did, blech) but I really hope he gets to deliver this one.  I've seen 1 of the MW's at WHA and she was really nice.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All of the CNMs in that group are fantastic.  I work with them at the hospital and would be comfortable with any of them delivering my baby.  I saw Helen Welch CNM for DD and Mary Lewis-Rott CNM delivered her.  I had a FABULOUS experience.  Can't wait to go back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"