April 2012 Moms
Options

work out clothes??

What are you ladies doing for workout clothes?

Most of my tech tees (tees from marathons and 1/2 marathons) are getting snug or they show my belly if I lift both arm up. My moisture wicking tanks are no longer long enough either, and some my running crapris and shorts are feeling snug.

Are you buying clothes in larger sizes or buying maternity workout clothes? What are you wearing to the gym? 

imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: work out clothes??

• Options

This is becoming a struggle for me, too.  I'm able to wear my tech tees around the house, but I went to a hip hop class last week and they are no longer working for actual workouts!  My belly starts showing a little--real classy.

I think I'm going to invest in a couple of maternity workout shirts.  Nothing expensive, but I don't really want to wear oversized shirts that look frumpy.

As far as pants, I bought a couple of pairs of maternity yoga pants.  They'll do!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I haven't had to yet but when everything gets too small, I'll be buying maternity workout pants. As for tops, maybe just larger tanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Old Navy's maternity tanks are super long and have ruching on the sides to accommodate the belly.  My regular yoga pants still fit and are able to roll under the belly.

That's all I've got though. 

• Options
    Maybe I'll go to stores like Ross and Marshalls and check out the workout tanks in L and M. I just worry about the size L being ginormous over my still A cup boobs. 
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is a definite struggle for me too. My running capris still fit since they have a pretty low waist but my tops are super snug. I gave up and started wearing maternity tanks. I don't feel like investing in proper workout wear- especially since my knees are killing me so badly that all I can do is walk now. Plus I have a home gym, when I work out there's no one to impress =]
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I like the yoga pants from Gap--long enough for tall ladies like me.  My lower riding pants still fit for now.  For tops, I've honestly just been wearing T-shirts.  Ts that are up one size from what I normally wear fit well and I'm not swimming in them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I'm not doing things that are too intense right now--just walking, yoga and weights. (Oh, and dancing to Wiggles DVDs with DS!)  I have a few pairs of maternity yoga pants that I inherited from my sister and I've just been wearing t-shirts.  Although mine are getting a bit snug and DH's will be humongous!  I might head on over to Goodwill in a few weeks and pick up some mediums for cheap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've mostly been wearing my regular capri bottoms, but I wear Old Navy ribbed tanks. They are super long (well on me-I'm short)  and have good stretch.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had gone shopping at 16weeks and bought a few Nike Drifit shirts that had a bit of room to grow into.  As I get bigger, not sure how much longer they will fit.  If anything, i will buy some larger drifit tops.

For pants, I still have one pair of New Balance that fit ok as long as I'm wearing a not too tight top and I bought a new pair of Nike Drifit regular cut that fits a bit lower on my waist than my normal pants.  The pants are kind of annoying since they are still a little bit larger and so until I get a bit sweaty, they are falling down my butt a bit when I run!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"