Houston Babies

I know there was a infant carrier/carseat post. How about strollers?

What kind of stroller do you have? Do you like it? What do you dislike?

There are a mind-numbing number of options out there.

Snap-n-go? Or UppaBaby Vista with the converter thing so you just get one main stroller?

Geez, this is hard.

Re: I know there was a infant carrier/carseat post. How about strollers?

• We got a Chicco travel system and had a SnapN'Go. I loved the SnapN'Go and the Chicco car seat/infant carrier, but honestly we haven't used the big stroller much. It is bulky and we usually put him in carts when we go to stores. He is in daycare, so I'm not with him 7 days a week, so I haven't needed to have a stroller for everyday use. I wish we would have gotten a different stroller.

Now we are looking into a good/less expensive light stroller for when we take him on outings like to the zoo. 

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• baby trend snap-n-go

after that we got a graco umbrella stroller. i couldn't tell you the model name because i bought it about 2 years ago. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the Chicco keyfit carseat, a Snap & Go, and then a Baby Jogger City Mini.
  • We have a Maclaren Techno XLR (the biggest Maclaren) that we got on super sale. It came with an adapter for the snugride, but it also fully reclined so we could use it from birth. We still comfortably use it today. I didn't bother with the snap and go because I wore Tracey 99% of the time. I think I only even used the infant seat in our stroller once or twice for walks or to go to my postpartum checkup. 

We have some others, a cheapo cosco that we bought at target while out of town. I hate it because it doesn't steer and I'm too tall for it, but it's our "who cares if the airlines break it" travel stroller. We also have a fixed wheel jogging stroller that we bought of craigslist for $25. 

I don't see us buying another stroller for this kid.  

• When I was pregnant, I posted the same thing and so many people said Snap N Go.  I scoffed...I HAD to have a travel system!

Now, I scoff at myself!  LOL  The travel system worked just fine, however if I had to do it over again I would get a Snap N Go.  By the time DD was ready for a stroller without having to be in her carrier, she was fine in an umbrella stroller, which is so much lighter and easier to deal with when out & about.

• We got the travel system and used it a lot when DS was still in the carrier.  But it really was bulky and didnt steer well (Chicco) in my opinion.  The best thing about the travel system is the big basket and the cup holders/compartment on the top.  I'm not sure how that compares to the SnG

We later got the Cybex Onyx and LOVE it.  It has an infant seat attachment and a big enough shade that you can still cover the baby entirely when in the infant seat.  Actually, it has such a big shade that you can cover the baby when just in the stroller too.  It has a good recline for little ones or for a super tired bigger baby.

You could look into something like the Onyx that will last you through infant to older kid, still be light and more like an umbrella but with some of the bells and whistles.  The only complaint about it is the lack of cup holders but you can buy attachment accessories for that I think.

So bottom line... I'd probably vote against the travel system and go for something like the SNG then finding a stroller you really love (jogging, nicer umbrella, etc) for when baby is bigger.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • re: cup holders. Ours did not have them. I think maybe it would have been nice once or twice to have one by the handles for ME, but I like that ours has no tray or cupholders to block an older kid's easy access in and out of the stroller. 
  • From birth through about 18 months, I used one stroller--Baby Jogger City Mini.  Had the carseat adapter bar to use with the carrier.  I still use this stroller but also have an UppaBaby G-Luxe umbrella for traveling and also because it sits more upright and DD seems to like it more for errand running, etc.
  • With my first, I had the Snap n Go (I can't accurately express the depth of my love for that thing) and a middle-of-the-road Chicco stroller. The Chicco stroller was pretty crappy. I did not use it one time with #2. It sits in the garage.

The second time around, I used the Snap n Go a ton once again. Once he outgrew the infant seat, I switched to a cheapo umbrella stroller for all the quick trips around town. That has worked perfectly. For bigger outings and real walks around the neighborhood, we got a double Baby Jogger City Mini. I adore that stroller and would recommend it in a single version.

I borrowed my first Snap n Go from a friend who saw it on my registry and offered to loan me hers. The second one I bought used for maybe $20? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemelrrr:
    re: cup holders. Ours did not have them. I think maybe it would have been nice once or twice to have one by the handles for ME, but I like that ours has no tray or cupholders to block an older kid's easy access in and out of the stroller. 

yes, this is what i was referring to.  I loved the cup holders and compartments at the top of my travel system to put a drink/phone/etc... thats really the only thing i miss about it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • SNG- I hate all the plastic on travel systems.

When she was able to sit up on her own we switched to a McClaren.

We also have a Schwinn Jogging stroller we take when she'll be in the stroller for long periods.

• imagesad5781:

imagemelrrr:
    re: cup holders. Ours did not have them. I think maybe it would have been nice once or twice to have one by the handles for ME, but I like that ours has no tray or cupholders to block an older kid's easy access in and out of the stroller. 

yes, this is what i was referring to.  I loved the cup holders and compartments at the top of my travel system to put a drink/phone/etc... thats really the only thing i miss about it.  

I loved the mclaren version of snap n go and found these to be the perfect after-market cupholders. They're soft-sided and have a cinch top for securing keys, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Think-King-Stroller-Wheelchair-Rollator/dp/B002MXHLAA

• We had the SNG (love that thing!) and a McClaren - I think the Quest.  That has been sufficient for us, since we are both working parents, so I don't really need a stroller on a daily basis. Once DS got old enough to run around, he wanted no part of the stroller, so we rarely even use our McClaren.  When #2 came, DH's aunt offered to buy us a double stroller, but I really didn't think we would get much use out of it (seeing that DS rarely uses one, now).  Now, sometimes when he sees DD in  a stroller, he will want to be in his (annoying!), but we just split up and DH pushes DS in the McClaren, and I push DD in the SNG.  I am hoping by the time she gets out of the SNG, DS will have grown out of that stage (of wanting to do things b/c baby is doing it)!  If we do end up getting a double of some sort later, we will likely get something like a sit and stand.
  • We were a SNG family when she was in an infant seat. (Loved it so much I've lent it to several friends while we no longer use it.) Have a Maclaren umbrella and a Bob jogging stroller. We end up using the Bob a lot more than we ever though we would.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I travel a lot w/DD for work so we purchased the bugaboo bee.  It worked great until the wheels stopped working.  Bugaboo did fix it and from now on it works great.

It has an adapter for the car seat and is light weight.  We also purchased a SNG for my MIL and hated it.  It just wasn't as easy to fold/unfold, but it was a good option for her and cost a lot less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • We have a baby jogger city mini and a Bob revolution. Both of which we have adaptors for the Chicco key fit 30 car seat. 

I use the city mini when we are going around shops, works well with the car seat adaptor. Easy to steer one handed if Im carrying a basket or something. And I can get through doors by myself :) If we are out and about for a while I just put DS in the stroller without the car seat, well from about 8 week old I guess but he was too small to begin with at around 5lbs and he was 4 weeks early....  

The Bob we use for walks around the neighbourhood or on trails. And Im hoping to do bootcamp soon so will us it for that. Sometimes I wonder if we should just have got the Bob but Im not sure it would be great for going around shops.  

Im not sure what we would do for travelling yet, that would probably depend on the destination!  

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"