D.C. Area Babies
Options

Recommend your video monitor

Per the post below, we're going to be looking to purchase a video monitor this weekend. Which one do you ladies use? Do you love it? hate it? I'd love any details!!! As always, TIA!
                                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: Recommend your video monitor

• Options
    We have this pimptastic Summer video monitor that we love.  It seriously is pimp, and worth the money.  You can zoom, pan, and it's got a walkie talkie feature, where you can press a button and talk to your baby (the speaker is on the video camera).  Totally worth every penny (even though we got it as a gift).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Summer Infant one too, but not the one that zooms/pans and I wish we had that feature!  It would be great to have a better view of if he has (or lost) his paicifer, etc. so we know if/when to actually respond and help him out, and he moves a ton and sometimes goes out of view.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageladywalton:
    We have this pimptastic Summer video monitor that we love.  It seriously is pimp, and worth the money.  You can zoom, pan, and it's got a walkie talkie feature, where you can press a button and talk to your baby (the speaker is on the video camera).  Totally worth every penny (even though we got it as a gift).

We got this same one (as a replacement) on LW's suggestion. It is, in fact, pimptastic. I love being able to move the camera around (J moves a lot in his sleep), aside from just being able to check on him without going into his room.

Also, for when they're older, the two-way talk feature RULES. If J has been in his crib for more than an hour and won't/can't wind down (is standing, jumping, etc. even though I know he's tired) I will get on it and say "J, it's time to go to sleep." And he lunges for the crib mattress. It works a good 90% of the time.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

I got this monitor on y'all's recommendation and told DH he had to buy it because the Nesties were calling it "pimptastic."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

we have this one from motorola. I debated for a long time about whether to get this one or a summer infant one, and in the end there were just so many mixed reviews about the summer infant. the motorola has very few reviews that aren't 4 or 5 star.

this motorola has the same features as the pps mentioned (zoom, pan, 2 way talk) and we've had it for about 2 months now and LOVE it. i seriously don't know how we survived almost a year with just the audio monitor!

another nice feature - it's expandable (so if you have more kids....) and additional cameras are available at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we have the lorex one that i got on amazon.  i love it...no panning feature but it does have teh walkie feature.  we got it to replace our summer infant, which broke
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!! That's incredibly helpful - i now want to use 'pimptastic' in a sentence ;-)
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"