North Carolina Babies
Options

Need Some Help/Advice Regarding Bleeding

I am sorry if this is TMI, but I am not sure where to turn, I have a call into my doctor, but they have not called me back yet.

I found out I was pregnant before Thanksgiving, it was a HUGE shock and surprise, definitely not planned! After the initial shock wore off, I was super excited of course ;-) I woke up this morning and and had some dark red blood. It has now turned bright red and has had some clots, almost like a period. I am not experiencing any cramps yet, but I don't know if that is coming. I would be 8 weeks tomorrow.

From what I know, I am assuming I am miscarrying. Will the doctor see me right away? Will I have to wait it out to see if the bleeding continues or gets worse? Will I have to get a DNC?

Sorry for all the questions, I have never been through this before and never had any type of spotting with my other pregnancies, so this is all new territory to me :-(

We have not told anyone yet, I was waiting until after our appointment next week, so please don't say anything on FB or if you know me IRL ;-)

Thank you!!

Re: Need Some Help/Advice Regarding Bleeding

• Options
    Oh, goodness.  I have no advice or knowledge of how this will work for you either but I hope you get in soon.  I will be thinking about you.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sorry you are going through this!  I have had five miscarriages.  The doctor has always seen we right away.  It's not a wonderful sign that you are having bright red blood but there is always hope!  Being only 8 weeks you will probably not need a D&C but it does depend on if it is a miscarriage (could be tubal or something else going on) and if everything happens naturally.

Praying that you will have peace during this time!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTC since Jan '10 and five heavenly children
    May 13th= 1st Beta 325 (16DPO) & May 16th= 2nd Beta 1045
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh lah, I'm so sorry you are even having to ask these questions!  For both of my m/c experiences I was seen right away.  Both of mine were earlier than you and everything happened naturally so no experience with D&C.  I am crossing my fingers and praying that everything is ok and I will be praying for your peace mo matter the outcome.  BIG HUGS!!!
    image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Options

Hmmm I m/c'ed at that point with my very first pg.  It does sound similar but it might not be that at all.

You could have a number of other issues that still mean LO is fine although you would be more high risk.

GL!

• Options
    {{hugs}} I don't know, but I hope the doctor calls you back soon. I think if you don't hear back in a couple of hours, you might want to go to the ER just to get checked out.
  • Options
    I do not have experience with miscarriage, but at 7 weeks pg with DD, I had some bleeding and passed a pretty large clot. It turned out to be just some random bleeding, so I really hope that's all it is for you. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers sent your way!  I hope it turns out to be just random bleeding like the pp had.  {{hugs}}
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no advice in regards to the bleeding but I would hope the dr. would get u in today esp. with it being friday!! HUGS to you no matter what the outcome be from all of this!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thinking of you, L! I don't have any advice, but I'll be thinking about you, and hoping that it's something else. Like the pp's have said, there's a good chance it could be. *hugs*

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    No experience, but many thoughts and prayers!
  • Options

Thanks so much for the advice and support! The doctor did fit me in earlier and things don't look very good. The baby has a slow heartbeat and is only measuring 6 weeks 3 days when I should be 8 weeks tomorrow. Also, she said the sac was an odd shape, should be round and it was more oblong. So right now we are just playng the waiting game (to see if I start to cramp and bleed more). I have my original appointment next Thursday, so if I don't have any serious cramping or bleeding before then, I will go back then and they will do another ultrasound. I was not actively bleeding when she saw me, but I just have no idea what is coming :-(

I have very mixed feelings at this point and from what I heard, going through a miscarriage is an emotional rollercoaster, so I am trying to prepare myself for that.

Thanks again for all of the support!

• Options

Oh LAH

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to ask these questions.  Prayers lifted and fingers crossed that you ovulated late and baby really is 6 wks.  I had some random bleeding/clots at that stage with Brooks & Caroline.

HUGS.  Keep us updated.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    So sorry you are going through this! :(
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope things start looking better!  I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.   Praying for you!

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I wanted to add that all though I have never had a miscarriage, I did have bleeding throughout my first tri with Jocelyn, and when they thought I was 8-9 weeks along, I was closer to 7 and everything worked out ok. Please keep us updated, I am sure we will all be thinking of you.
  • Options
    Praying for you & sending big hugs.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't help you with the bleeding, but let me know if you want to talk m/c and DNC.  I am sorry you are going through this! Hugs!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of you, L. I hope that you get good news this week. {{hugs}}
  • Options
    Praying for you! I hope the week goes by quickly & you get some answers soon.
  • Options

I've experienced a loss in April when I was with PSC and they got me in right away for a confirmation ultrasound. With this baby I had two heavy bleeding episodes (one at 5 weeks and one at 8 weeks) and I now go to SPWHC and they got me in right away for u/s too. So I think you'll be seen quickly. 

If you don't have period like cramping I think that is a good sign. Just try to relax and get in as soon as you can for an u/s. I also know if you go to Moore Regional ER they will do an u/s to see if you don't want to wait until monday.

I'm sorry darlin :( I won't say anything on fb so no worries. Call me if you need to.

xoxo 

edit: I replied before I read the responses. I'm sorry. I'm glad you got into the doctor. I've been there and I know how hard it is. Again, I'm here if you need to vent or need anything at all.  

• Options

Thank you all do much! Today had been tough, lots of cramping, bleeding and I passed several large clots. I thought about going to the ER because the bleeding has been so heavy. We took Ashley to Disney on Ice today and most of it happened there, which was lovely!! Kendra, I used to go to PSC but go to Southern Pines now, I am going to call them Monday to find out what the next steps are.

I am trying to find peace now, my DH is having a really hard time with it.

Thank you all again for all the thoughts and prayers! 

• Options
    I'm so sorry Lah. :( I'll be praying for you & your husband. 
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

Rest and take it easy. Let R deal with the kiddos. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard this is. *hugs* 

I mean it. Call me if you need me. I'm pretty close by.  

• Options
    So sorry lah.  :(  Take good care of yourself and know that we are all thinking of you!
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh LAH.  so sorry.  Prayers lifted for you and R. 
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    :hugs: I'm so sorry... :( I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Im so sorry L! Im just now seeing this. I can only imagaine the shock of finding out and now this. Hugs to you and your DH!
  • Options
    I'm SO sorry to hear that, Lah.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  HUGS!
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I've had bleeding with all of my pregnancies, including my son's pg and this current one. I've also had 3 losses, so I know how tough it is. If it does turn out to be a m/c and you have any questions, feel free to page or PM me. The pregnancy loss board is very helpful too. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, and hope it turns out well.
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Options
    Hey L - just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. Hope you were able to get some answers today.
  • Options
    Thank you all again for all of the support! I went to the doctor yesterday and they did an ultrasound, it looks like everything has passed. I am still bleeding and having some clots, but hopefully things are slowing down, the doctor said it may last two more weeks. I am doing okay and appreciate all the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss, lah. I'll be thinking about you guys.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Glad you are doing okay.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *hugs* still thinking about you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"