Northern California Babies

Poll: What did you get your DC for the holidays?

Trying to spice things up around here!

What gifts did you get for your kids this year?

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: Poll: What did you get your DC for the holidays?

• We got Ellie a wagon (John is insanely excited about it), and a few other small toys, including a pull alligator toy, a couple of toy cars, some puzzles and books.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • His "big" gift from us will be this scooter:

And then he'll get stocking stuffers. I'm thinking some Thomas the train characters, kids training chopsticks, maybe one of those "magic" paint coloring books where all you do is use water on the brush. We'll see what else I find!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Playmobile boat, truck, and airplane, board games and puzzles, a few dress up items.

He scored a trampoline for his birthday 2 weeks ago, as well as a few other things so he isn't going to be wanting for much. His "big" gift this year is a trip to Disneyland in Febuary for his cousin's birthday, but we won't tell him about it till we land in LA.

• We got DS a wagon too!  I can't wait to stroll around with him at the Farmer's Market.  We also got him some books, play balls, toy keys and a few other small items.
  • DS asked Santa for a pair of real hockey skates which have been packed in the sleigh, and I wanted him to have a mini trampoline (becuase I hope he'll stop all the jumping on other stuff).  I also got him a book, "How Hockey Works," a toy measuring tape, and a Melissa and Doug letter/word puzzle set.  I still need to get a new helmet and elbow and  knee pads.
  • Santa is bringing a train set & some extra trains. DH & I are giving her some mixing bowls & plates from PBK. I know she is getting more train stuff & Super WHY dvds from a couple of family members & some dress up stuff.
  • since we just did Disneyland, gifts have been scaled back. Lexi's santa gift is an easy bake oven. Orion is getting a talking Darth Vader Mask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From us/santa he is getting a play cottage/house and a kitchen with all the fixins. Tons of books (like 20+)...we're doing books for each night of Channukah. Slippers, pj's, a wooden toy bus, a cash register, shopping cart and who know what else I've forgotten I've already bought.

My folks are getting him a balance bike, helmut and I don't know what else.

ILs got him a train table (need to put that together soon so he can have it the first night of Channukah).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DS is getting a Schwinn trike with a parent steer bar, Thomas the Tank wooden set, an inflatable swimming pool, and some plastic balls.  I have no idea what the grandparents have gotten him, but there are 3 boxes of prezzies in the living room chalk full :)
  • We got H a new bike (gyrobike) and hubby really wanted to get him some race track car thingy (darda) like this:

You pull the car back and put it on the track and it zooms around. We also did a few music instruments and little things.

• DS1 is getting a big dump truck a PB Anywhere Chair and a (knockoff) Sharks jersey.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD #1 is getting a balance bike from Santa.  From us she's getting the Cootie game, a search and find book, a princess book set & a huge teddy bear.

DD #2 is getting an activity mat from Santa.  From us she's getting an O-ball and some clothes since she's still too little to know what's going on.

• For toys 5 yr old got a "Groovy Girl" horse. 3 yr old BluTrack (think pine wood derby for hotwheels). 1 year old Miyam fairy doll. 
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • DS- Santa is getting him a two Thomas trains and a small train track.  We got him a few books.

DD to be born soon - nada...  She got a couple of toys from DH's coworkers that I thought about rewrapping...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A Kitchen helper, dress up clothes, and I am on the search for little mermaid bedding. 
  • Oh and she asked Santa for a baby ball (little ball), dada ball (big ball) and bubble soap (bubble bath) and candy canes so that's what she is getting from Santa!
  • Keep in mind it is also EJ's Birthday so that is why it seems like a lot of big items...

Us: Melissa and Doug train set (fits Brio & Thomas trains) (got this on crazy sale on cyber monday), Kitchen helper (found an awesome deal), & Trip to Disneyland (in lieu of a party) 

My parents: Train table (my dad is making it), luggage (his own suitcase to match ours but smaller), & went to Disneyland with us 

From IL's: Glider bike (specifically "Glider Bikes") & Year at Monterey Bay Aquarium

From Great Grandparents: Year at CDM & Year at HH 

Then there are smaller things like a build a bear gift card stocking stuffer so he can go make his own bear, paul frank socks for the stocking (I am obessed with putting him in PF clothes) 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • She is getting a small toy and much needed clothing. We kept her gifts small because she doesn't care about them yet and I know our families will spoil her.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Kyva is getting a few M&D puzzles and things, an "ok to wake" clock for her room, some clothes and a new 3-in-1 winter coat. I'd love to pick up a kitchen helper too if we can find a good deal.
  • Simon is getting the Step 2 Sports Activity Slide.  I seriously CANNOT wait to give it to him, he is going to be so, so psyched.  It's indoor/outdoor and he love the similar one they have at school.  I'm so glad we found teh eprfect gift for him because I feel like he always gets the shaft.

I am still at a loss for Alex.  He wants a nerf gun and a hot wheels track that attches to the wall (Lord help us all), but neither of those things are "big gift" worthy really.  He just doesn't really need much.  I'm debating on the whole Nintendo DS thing, he wants it but I'm not sure I even want to go there, although it might help me get my iPod Touch back every now and again. 

Alex is starting street hockey league in January (yeah!) so he will be getting some good running shoes and some track pants to wear with his jersey, but those are things I'd buy anyway and he'll just open them at Xmas.   

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageSportyMrs.23:
    A Kitchen helper, dress up clothes, and I am on the search for little mermaid bedding. 

What's your price range (if I may ask) - I can help you look if you'd like.

We haven't gotten DD anything yet. I guess we could, but she'd be more interested in eating the wrapping paper than the actual gift. I'll probably get her a keepsake for her first Christmas, and a toy or two.

• Leapfrog pen and 3 books, knitted play food, wood play food (eggs and fruit), dress up chef and cheerleader sets. Hubby is dying to get her a balance bike but I don't know if it will be here in time.  My parents got her clothes and books, and her Grandma got her a Target giftcard.

Stocking will hold yummy lollipops, fruit snacks and mini board books. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"