January 2012 Moms

Baby shampoo and wash

I'm sure that most of you guys have heard about the whole Johnson & Johnson line containing harmful chemicals and formaldehyde... 

Apparently they have found these same chemicals in Aveeno products as well! I was looking at Buy Buy Baby yesterday, and they really don't have a huge selection on baby soaps and things. I was tempted to get Burts Beeswax, but at $16 a bottle, I was a little turned off by the price.

What will you be using?? 

Re: Baby shampoo and wash

• I used the Arbonne baby line (and still do) on my DD because it is 100% natural all from natural ingredients.  I have already stocked up to use it with this baby as well.

It is sickening what this country allows to be in health and beauty products.  I did a lot of research and have found that a lot of what is sold in stores has horrible ingredients that are harmful.  I can't believe that they are letting the J&J products stay on the shelf.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were gifted with CA Baby and Mustela products, so I will be using those.  We were also gifted with Aveeno, which I'll use on myself but not on baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my second baby I switched to baby bee by burts bees. I find it at walmart for around $9 a bottle.

• Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejkeyros:

With my second baby I switched to baby bee by burts bees. I find it at walmart for around $9 a bottle.

Oh wow, good to know! I'll have to check out Walmart!

Thanks for the other suggestions! I found all the ones that everyone mentioned on Amazon, and they all seem reasonable! :) 

• I plan to use CA Baby after doing a bunch of research.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • We are using a mix of Burt's Bees and California baby.  We want to keep what comes into contact with his skin as natural as possible.  I hear the bottles of the wash and shampoo last a pretty long time so I am not too concerned with the price.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i will also be using California Baby
  • I used Burt's Bees with DD and loved it.  One large bottle lasted almost a year.  You really just need a drop each time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are using the Yes To...Baby Carrots line. It's a little pricey, but I've been using the Yes To.. products for a while and I love them.
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • We get burt's bees at target. Just the shampoo & wash is $8 or the gift set is $20.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Burt's for my own use so perhaps that's what LO will use as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be using the all-natural Koala Pals Conditioning Tear-Free Hair Wash ($5.37 per bottle) and the Koala Pals Tear-Free Body Wash ($5.37), which are both made by the company Melaleuca.  These and all of the products (cleaning, laundry, vitamins, make-up, etc.) made by Melaleuca are rigorously tested and certified safe for use in our homes.  If anyone's interested in learning more about these products, just let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"