Preemies
Options

Want to create care packages for the NICU

So, Lilith will be one on January 2nd.  It is hard to imagine.  This time last year is when I began having complications with my pregnancy.  Just a few weeks later I found out I had HELLP syndrome and Lilith Nell was born 14 weeks premature.  It is almost hard to fathom all that we have been through in the past year... but that's a post for another time.  Right now, I need your help!

MH and I want to create care packages for the NICU where Lily spent her first 2 months.  So far, I'm thinking of providing tissues (their tissues are paper thin), a water bottle and a small notebook to each basket.  What else do you think should be added?  I'd like to provide a small "treat" for the babies (stuffed animal, book, etc.), but I don't know what.  Ideas?  We'd like to keep the cost relatively low if possible.

Thanks! 

image      image      image

Re: Want to create care packages for the NICU

• Options

I think you are off to a good start...Check your hospital's website too they might have some ideas on there for you as well. The NICU where DD was transfered to has a whole list of things for care packages etc which I thought was helpful...it's something we want to do as well.

I like the book idea for the babies and I know that sometimes you can find books for a $1 at Target (we have a whole collection of Seasame Street books that I found there) and the Dollar Store.

Also maybe throw in a hand sanitizer or lotion.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

that's super sweet!  Maybe some hand cream - all that washing killed my hands!  You can probably find some cute, cheap board books or rattles for the babies, maybe even at a dollar store. I think anything you give will be appreciated and loved!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    check out its a preemie thing on facebook... she has great ideas!
  • Options

I agree with everyone's ideas. Like PP said, the Target dollar section may be a good place to check as well as the Dollar Store. 

When we did care packages we also put in a word search or crossword or soduko, something for the parents to do while spending all that time sitting by the isolette. 

I love giving back :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"