Preemies
Options

Not sure if I asked this here. . . Anyone use NeoCATE??? Milk allergy???

Christopher has a possible 'cows milk allergy' and has to go on Neocate.  I've just completed my two weeks without ANY dairy and I mean ANY.  Hopefully, he will be able to take my EBM too.  

Anyone have experience with this?  With Neocate?  Milk allergy?  

It makes me wonder is all of Mason's HUGE spitting/projectile vomits are from the same thing???  I wonder if I should supplement his EBM with Neocate then too instead of "Alimentum".

My Story and Blog:
The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: Not sure if I asked this here. . . Anyone use NeoCATE??? Milk allergy???

• Options
    Never was on hypoallergenic formulas, by the time DS was diagnosed he was old enough to switch to WCM alternatives. He had horrible reflux and projectile vomiting until he went milk free.

It can be just from being a preemie, but since the other boy is known to have a possible allergy, I think its worth a shot but make sure his doctor knows whats going on.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We are on Neocate due to MSPI and also have bad reflux and use Prilosec for it. Milk protein intolerance can worsen reflux. Is your LO improving on Alimentum?  If not I would talk to your pedi or GI about looking at his poopy diapers again and see if there is any improvement. 

Neocate has done wonders for my LO. She couldn't tolerate Alimentum do we had to go straight to Neocate after a trial period.  

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little guy was just put on Elecare yesterday which is essentially the same thing.  It may be purely coincidental, but we had our first successful over night feed via his gtube and a big poop this morning.  IT was nice to not hear him screaming in pain all night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"