Illinois Babies

OB/GYN in Schaumburg area

Anyone know a good OB/GYN in or around Schaumburg?  I am living in the city now and moving to Schaumburg in a few months which is very stressful bc I need to fina a new doc.  I am still in my 1st tri so want to find a new doctor before my 2nd tri.  Any suggestions?  I was looking into WomanCare but then realized you can't just see 1 doc there you have to rotate between 5 docs which I don't feel comfortable doing.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Re: OB/GYN in Schaumburg area

• I just moved to the Schaumburg area too (from the city) and found Dr. Eisenberg at Women's Health First (they have 3 locations in/around Schaumburg).  I've been pretty happy with them so far (I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and saw him for my first appointment around 7 weeks).  I see him most of the time and they don't "make" you see any other doctor (unless you want to).  

Hope this helps.  Feel free to reach out with any other questions re: ob/gyn or pediatricians.  I am currently scoping out 3 different ped practices in the area.  I had been driving back downtown to see our current pediatrician for my 2 year old, but the drive is killing me, especially when we have to make sick visits.  

Best of luck with your move.  What area in Schaumburg are you moving?   

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered with WomanCare. You don't HAVE to see all 5 doctors, but it's encouraged so that you have met all the doctors before you go into labor.  The doctors rotate who's on call in the hospital. 

My main doctor is Dr. Albion, but Dr. Weiss delivered my dd. I love her, she was awesome. Also, they have a few offices and 2 of the doctors on call only work out of the non-Schaumburg office. Dr. Weiss being one of them.

I only met 4 of the 5 doctors that deliver.  Please let me know if you have any questions! I've been going to that office for 6 years. 

ETA: One of my friends is seeing Dr. R. Yockey (I forget the other doctors in the office) but really likes her.  She had her first dd through that office and will be having her ds next spring with the same office as well.

Good Luck in your search.  I'm just south of Schaumburg, but grew up in Schaumburg, please feel free to ask any questions!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for all the advice!!! 

I'm not sure yet where in Schaumburg we will be living.  My DH recently got a job in Elgin and I don't want to move that far from the city so we have decided on Schaumburg - nice place, good schools, close enough proximity to city and Elgin, etc.  We were looking at purchasing a home in the Timbercrest neighborhood but decided just to rent for now so we are looking for a townhome to rent.  If there are any areas I should avoid or check out, I would love some input.

THANKS AGAIN! :)

• dr Margaret Nettleton in Hoffman Estates, she is so nice and has a great bedside manner!

I grew up in Schaumburg, its nice, close to the city, great area! Hoffman is the burb next to Schaumburg....

• What type of birth are you hoping for? As a doula I just had a client who was seeing the Eisenberg group and they were not very low intervention or supportive of that idea. I have had decent experiences with  https://www.midwestobgynmidwifery.com/ out of Alexian Brothers, though they are not huge fans of big babies. I also like Dr. Michael out of Sherman  https://www.swhs-obgyn.com/ . If you're someone who is looking for a more natural delivery I would go to the city to Swedish Covenant Midwives or one of the midwife groups out of West Sub. 
    Samantha Trebilcock BSN RN, CD(DONA), PES, CBE http://naturalbeginningsdoula.vpweb.com/
  • Not sure if you're still looking, but I delivered with Dr. Ray with Midwest Centers for Women's Health. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Women's Health First!  I've been with the practice for 10 years, and this is my third pregancy with them.  I have seen all the doctors multiple times.  I love that I can always get a same day appointment if I have any issues (pregnancy or non-pregnancy).  I also love that they do ultrasounds and blood-work on site.  Honestly, I love this practice... and I've had Gestational Diabetes with each pregnancy so I've spent LOTS of time in the office.  My favorite Doctors are Dr. DeLaCruz and Dr. Szela, but I think they're all great. 

https://www.womenfirst.net/

imagejoy101406:

I just moved to the Schaumburg area too (from the city) and found Dr. Eisenberg at Women's Health First (they have 3 locations in/around Schaumburg).  I've been pretty happy with them so far (I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and saw him for my first appointment around 7 weeks).  I see him most of the time and they don't "make" you see any other doctor (unless you want to).  

Hope this helps.  Feel free to reach out with any other questions re: ob/gyn or pediatricians.  I am currently scoping out 3 different ped practices in the area.  I had been driving back downtown to see our current pediatrician for my 2 year old, but the drive is killing me, especially when we have to make sick visits.  

Best of luck with your move.  What area in Schaumburg are you moving?   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"