Potty Training

PT'd on Big potty, but adding step stool?

LO is 22 months, potty trained on a regular toilet and can get her own panties off. I would like to encourage LO to use the step stool to start climbing on the potty by herself, (I'll still be in the bathroom of course). Already she will race me to the bathroom and get her panties off before I get there. Adding a step stool seemed a logical next step but she is acting cowardly when it comes to climbing up by herself. She wants me to lift her onto the step stool facing the toilet, then turn her around myself, then guide her down onto the seat. It's been like this for two weeks. We have step stools all over the house for LO and she has no problem whatsoever climbing those step stools. There's one at the bathroom sink we use every time after we go potty and it's the same one as the toilet. She has a taller one in the kitchen so she can 'help' cook.

I am at a complete loss. What is bothering LO about the step stool at the toilet? She is by no means afraid of heights and climbs higher than the toilet to get into my bed and onto chairs and she doesn't hesitate. Also, she has never shown any fear of the toilet or toilet flushing. LO is normally very independent so I had thought that giving LO a step stool to the toilet would make her ecstatic. Any ideas or recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"