Houston Babies

Toddlers and Christmas trees - pretty entertaining

Last year Evan was just standing and we placed a bunch of gift boxes around the tree to prevent him from touching everything. This year the bottom third of the tree is decorated with all Evan safe ornaments and there are a handful that are basically plush decorations that are sitting on the lowest branches to he can take them off and put them back on.

As each day passes he destroys the tree a little less and has started putting things on the tree like his socks and toy lizard. We fixed 4 ornaments he dropped (and broke) the first day, but since he has done really well. Oh, and each time he would bring it to me and tell me he broke it and asked me to fix it. I wonder what will happen the first time I have to tell him there is something I can't fix.  :-)

Tonight I am going to make a felt tree that is all his to decorate.

How are your little ones doing with the tree this year?

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Toddlers and Christmas trees - pretty entertaining

• He's pretty much over it, he really doesn't mess with it at all.  He still oohs and ahs when we turn the lights on though which is cute.  I just wish my cat were over it too, but he's almost 11 so I don't think he's going to outgrow his love affair with all things Christmasy.  My tree skirt is halfway across the room because he plays under the tree so much, he pulls the garland off the bottom half daily and pulls ornaments down and bats them around the house.  I put a (plastic) sparkly ball on the sofa where he sleeps and the crazy animal was cuddling with it.  He went to sleep with his paw resting on the ornament.  HmmConfusedBig Smile
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • imageSuzi-G-:
    He's pretty much over it, he really doesn't mess with it at all.  He still oohs and ahs when we turn the lights on though which is cute.  I just wish my cat were over it too, but he's almost 11 so I don't think he's going to outgrow his love affair with all things Christmasy.  My tree skirt is halfway across the room because he plays under the tree so much, he pulls the garland off the bottom half daily and pulls ornaments down and bats them around the house.  I put a (plastic) sparkly ball on the sofa where he sleeps and the crazy animal was cuddling with it.  He went to sleep with his paw resting on the ornament.  HmmConfusedBig Smile

Now that is hilarious!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • He thinks he's an elf.   ETA:  Though at least now that he's getting old and fat he doesn't try and climb the tree anymore.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Cute! I'm a FTM so I don't have any hilarious toddler stories yet but I've enjoyed reading these!
  • We just got our tree up yesterday and it's not decorated yet, so she hasn't seen it decorated yet. So far she gets excited and points and gasps every time she sees it. I'm sure once there are ornaments, she's going to be alllll over it. 
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"