Pittsburgh Babies

Need To Find Going Home Outfit!

I have been looking everywhere for a nice dress and coat to bring the baby home in. Eveywhere I have looked is either very casual or sizes start at like 12m. Any Suggestions on where to find a frilly dress that isint for Christmas ? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Re: Need To Find Going Home Outfit!

• Honestly, I think you'll find that you'd rather take your baby home in something casual and comfortable.  There really is no need for a "frilly dress" for a 2 day old baby.  It's a pain to get the frilly stuff on them, then have to change them five seconds later because the baby spit up, needs to have a diaper change, etc.  Now if you're talking about something for baby to wear for hospital pics, that's a different story.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePAAZwife:
    Honestly, I think you'll find that you'd rather take your baby home in something casual and comfortable.  There really is no need for a "frilly dress" for a 2 day old baby.  It's a pain to get the frilly stuff on them, then have to change them five seconds later because the baby spit up, needs to have a diaper change, etc.  Now if you're talking about something for baby to wear for hospital pics, that's a different story.

Ditto previous poster, if you'd like a dress for hospital pics that would be awesome and adorable!! For each of our kiddos I packed an adorable play outfit ( for dd we had a onsie and frill  Pants that said " I get my looks from mom!!" and for ds we had a safari outfit)

Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other posters. I searched long and hard to find the perfect going home outfit. Got 2 choices in newborn size then ended up bringing her home in a onesie. The newborn size were still huge on her (and she was 7.5 lbs) and I felt bad having her in something that wasn't comfortable. Plus, it was not like I wanted my pic taken going home since I was all hunched over and limpy after having a c-section. To each their own though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"