March 2011 Moms
Options

Weight

How much are your LO's weighing?  I took my DS to the doctors for his 9 month check up and he is 19.5lbs, and 30 1/2" long.  He is also crawling around like crazy and pulling up/standing on everything.  The pedi. said he was underweight.  I am pretty sure she saw my jaw hit the floor. 

Just curious on other LO's weight. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight

• Options
    I went Wednesday for our 9 month. My LO is 20lbs 5 ounces, but his height is 27.5 inches. He is in the 50% for weight at 25% for height. He looks pretty stout since he is so short. 19.5lbs doesn't sound underweight, so perhaps your ped was talking about the weight to height ratio (e.g., a 6 foot person at 125lbs would be considered underweight)? 
  • Options
    My LO goes tomorrow for his 9month appt (He'll be 9months, 10 days old). I'll let you know what we find out on height, but I know he weighs right at 23 lbs. He's always been a big boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Kaitlyn was 16lbs 8 ozs I think on 11/14 which was about 7.5 months, no idea about length. She is on the lower end but they have never been overly concerned about it since she is very active physically and eats a lot. we don't go back till late January. I do know that she was 26 inches the middle of October. She crawls, cruises, climbs stairs. etc

Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am not really sure since my method isn't very scientific (I weight myself holding him on our cheap dial scale then weight myself alone and subtract) but I think he maybe is around 18 pounds. That is on the smaller size but my peditrician is great since she always plots out his measurements on her laptop and can show us how well he is doing along the growth curve since he started out small being early. I think my genetics are going to curse him never to be that big but she is happy that he is making good progress. How did he compare to other appointments? Did you peditrician have anything more to say? Someone has to be in the bottom percentile and there is nothing wrong with that if he is otherwise healthy and thriving.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Options

My son was 20lbs 12oz on Monday at his 9 month checkup and 29.75" long. I think my older son was about the same size as your son at 9 months which was under the 50% for boys, but pedi definitely did not say he was underweight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageFirst Time in MI:

I am not really sure since my method isn't very scientific (I weight myself holding him on our cheap dial scale then weight myself alone and subtract) but I think he maybe is around 18 pounds. That is on the smaller size but my peditrician is great since she always plots out his measurements on her laptop and can show us how well he is doing along the growth curve since he started out small being early. I think my genetics are going to curse him never to be that big but she is happy that he is making good progress. How did he compare to other appointments? Did you peditrician have anything more to say? Someone has to be in the bottom percentile and there is nothing wrong with that if he is otherwise healthy and thriving.

He is steadly gaining weight.  It's not like he lost weight from his previous appointment.  Everyone at home I have talked to said he is super long for that age and is so stinkin' active that he is probably burning a lot of calories on the food he does eat.  She really didn't say to up his food intake either.  I think because she knows (based on what I said of course) that we are feeding him 3 times a day, grains, fruits, and veggies and giving him 24 oz. of formula. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My  boys weighed 19lb 14oz and 19lb 13oz at their 9 month visit.  They are 27.5 inches and 28 inches long.  No crawling or pulling up yet.  They started out small, so my pedi is not concerned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

sorry, wrong board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD finally went to her 9 mont appointment (we were late). She was 18lbs 13ozs, and 27 inches long. Her pedi didn't have a problem with this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

At our 9 month (+ 7 days) visit our babe measured 17lb 6 oz and 29 inches long exactly.  She's in the 89th for length and 25th for weight I think she said. She is a little under but the pedi mentioned that it is EXTREMELY common for little ones to lean out a bit at this visit because they have just become so active and are transitioning to solids.   He sounds like he's doing great!  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    DS had his appointment on Wed just shy of 9.5 months. He was 22.5lbs (85%) and 30 inches (90%). He's always been a 'big' boy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

at ds 9 month appointment he was 18lbs 5oz I think they said 35% or somthing but he has always been on the smaller side, pedi wasent worried about it , has your ds always been small ?

• Options

Our son is 23lbs and 29 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"