Preemies
Options

Progesterone shots after pPROM?

Has anyone had any experience with this? Do you think it truly helped? What were your side effects? With your pPROM when did you deliver and then when did you deliver after having the shots? Can you self inject at home or do you have to go to the doctor's office each time?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone shots after pPROM?

• Options
    I got the progesterone shots during my 2nd pregnancy.  I delivered my 1st at 34 weeks and my 2nd at 39 weeks, so I think the shots did help.  The only side effect I had were bumps at the injection site.  My doctor gave me the option of injecting at home or going to the office for injections.  I chose to go to the office for the injections.  I live pretty close to my doctor's office and they would do the shots in the morning before other patients came in so I never had to wait.  Good luck!
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    I'm expecting #2 now and due to my son being a preemie we are doing the P17 shots.  I start at 20 weeks and will go through week 36 or 37.  I can get it at the doc's office or have my husband to them at home.  For now, I've decided to go to my ob's office where a nurse can do.  They'll also check my BP and HB via doppler so that's a bonus.  If it gets to be too much then DH will do them at home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My water broke at 19 weeks and I delievered at 24 weeks(unfortunately my son did not survive)  in my last pregnancy, this time around I started the 17p shot at 16 weeks and i'm going on 32 weeks coming up.  So, I do think it helps. I'm checking out these preemie boards just in case she still comes early. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies, they make me feel so much better about the shots. However, I noticed you guys started earlier then I will be (I think 16 weeks and 20 weeks you guys said?) As far as I've read it isn't that much of a difference between a few weeks, but what do you think? I'm not too late, am I? My doctor told me last visit I'd start then around my 23/24 week, even though I had my son at 22 weeks and he did not make it (poster above said after her loss--so sorry to read that you went through that too--said she started at 16 weeks). Thanks.
  • Options
    I started 17p shots at 16 weeks and I'm on my 7th shot. I go into the office to get them. I normally never have to wait. I usually see the nurse instead of the OB. I delivered my first DD at 33w 4 day due to to pre-e and ptl. Normally I'm a little sore right after getting the shot, but usually that goes away the following day. Good luck with them.

• Options
    Someone on another forum i go on started her pregesterone shots at 24 weeks and she's now 36 weeks pregnant so if they offer it that last I would take it. Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"