Philadelphia Babies
Options

How can I hide it ?!

I'm only 4 weeks along, like haven't even had a first doctor appointment and I have a small family gathering of just the woman in my family tomorrow - if you don't have a drink at these events people think something is wrong - I've even gone as far as to buy non-alcoholic wine so I can dump the regular wine out in the bathroom and replace it with my non-alocholic just to have the appearance that I'm having a drink, any other ideas? My husband and I aren't ready to tell people!

Re: How can I hide it ?!

• Options

i did that too a few parties before we were ready to tell. depending on what they have at the event, make a fake cockatil of sprite & grenadine (shirley temple), or just hold a beer & when no ones looking pour a little out everytime your near a sink, or have your husband take a drink from ours.

it would for us, no one noticed and my mom who was the onlyone who knew, helped my hide it by being overly mom-like & saying loudly a few time, is that you 4th beer?

• Options
    Thank you! That's great advice, I remember my friend did that at her wedding too (found out she was pregnant 2 weeks before) with the beer and no one noticed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

claim youre on a medication that cant be mixed with alcohol.....unless the family is nosy enough to ask which one, what for etc. If you think they'd be respectful and accept it, then Id say that and nix the elaborately planned deceit!

Also,maybe this is just me, but if I were carrying a drink around and socializing I know I would be on autopilot and just start drinking it by accident.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Something I did in the beginning was take a beer bottle/can and dump out the beer, rinse it out well and refill with water. Obviously doesn't work with a clear bottle but worked well on the Miller Lite bottle I had. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am in a similar situation, where I know my friends will be calling me out if I'm not drinking, so I think I may say I'm on an antibiotic. And if they ask why, hey, they are my best buds so I will give them the made up details! Ha! In a month or so I will be able to tell them the news and that I was fibbing at the party, so no harm done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"