January 2012 Moms

What are you packing?

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it.

What are you packing in your hospital bag?

I figure since we all can go at any point and time, this might be some help to multiple people!

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What are you packing?

• My bag
    Robe and slippers
    Pillow (with colorful cover)
    Lounge clothes- sweat pants (drawstring NOT elastic), yoga pants, nursing tanks, socks
    Nursing bra (no underwire) and undies
    Toiletries- toothpaste, toothbrush, contact solution/case, shampoo, conditioner, (all travel size), deodorant, brush, glasses, hair ties/headband, face wipes, chap stick
    Coming home outfit, flip flops
    ??? nipple cream, pads

DH?s Bag
    Change of clothes
    Pajamas
    Slippers
    Toiletries- medicine, toothbrush, body wash, deodorant
    Pillow, blanket
    Bathing suit

Odds and ends
    Phones and charger
    Camera and charger
    Video camera and charger
    Laptop and charger
    Kindle and charger (or books/magazines)
    Purse (insurance card, ID, pen, etc)
    Snacks, mints and drinks
    Change for vending machines
    Towels
    Labor tools- massager

Baby Stuff
    Car seat installed
    Going home outfit
    Extra blanket
    Hat/socks
    Baby book?

This is the list I've created and saved. HTH! 
    DD 1.18.2012
  • As of right now, I only plan on staying the min 24 hours...as long as baby is okay. I have done the 2 days with the other kids and by the 2nd day, I just feel like I'd rather be at home with my other kids or at least in my own bed. I also hate paying 10 bucks per ibuprofen and probably about 500+ bucks for the extra day when I don't feel like I need it.

I plan to bring a pillow, some lounge pants and nursing tanks. typical bath items so I can shower, a few snacks, something to read or for entertainment since the baby sleeps so much. I don't think I will be packing too much this time.

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSoonToBeMsP:
    My bag
    Robe and slippers
    Pillow (with colorful cover)
    Lounge clothes- sweat pants (drawstring NOT elastic), yoga pants, nursing tanks, socks
    Nursing bra (no underwire) and undies
    Toiletries- toothpaste, toothbrush, contact solution/case, shampoo, conditioner, (all travel size), deodorant, brush, glasses, hair ties/headband, face wipes, chap stick
    Coming home outfit, flip flops
    ??? nipple cream, pads

DH?s Bag
    Change of clothes
    Pajamas
    Slippers
    Toiletries- medicine, toothbrush, body wash, deodorant
    Pillow, blanket
    Bathing suit

Odds and ends
    Phones and charger
    Camera and charger
    Video camera and charger
    Laptop and charger
    Kindle and charger (or books/magazines)
    Purse (insurance card, ID, pen, etc)
    Snacks, mints and drinks
    Change for vending machines
    Towels
    Labor tools- massager

Baby Stuff
    Car seat installed
    Going home outfit
    Extra blanket
    Hat/socks
    Baby book?

This is the list I've created and saved. HTH! 

This is pretty much my list, although I'm also brining my own hand soap.  I find that most hospital soaps are too drying and with all the hand washing I know I'll be doing I want something that isn't as harsh.  I also perfer foaming soap to liquid so I'll just throw in a bottle of my Bath and Body Works foaming soap.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, I think I'm also going to pack a deck of cards, maybe a cribbage board and maybe a card game like UNO or Phase 10.  The waiting area in L&D at my hospital doesn't have a TV and I didn't notice many magazines laying around.  I know labor can take awhile and I don't want my family just sitting there with nothing to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yoga pants or pj bottoms and nursing tanks
    Robe, slippers, socks
    Nursing bra
    toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, chapstick, deoderant and brush)
    towel
    olive oil/ lanolin nipple cream
    Going home clothes for me & baby
    extra blanket 
    Camera + charger
    Nook
    nipple sheild
    Diaper wipes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alpha Mom offers up a really good list (that includes the basics...things to leave at home...and things that were left at home that you will wish weren?t).

https://alphamom.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-calendar/week-thirty-three/

I used it as the basis for my hospital bag for DS.

The necessities this time around?  Boppy, comfy clothes (sweatpants and comfy top), my own pillow, cell phone and charger, chapstick, hair ties, nursing bra, make-up, shampoo (all the cosmetics that will help you look and feel human again), camera, slippers and or thick socks.  Our hospital provides Lanolin and those big mesh underwear that are quite lovely when you realize how much "aftermath" there is.

Baby Bag is simple:  Something to wear home for baby, car seat.  The hospital should supply baby with all the hats and blankets and pacifier. We WAY over-packed for baby  last time. 

Husband's bag? Eh. Who cares. Kidding.  Everything that he would bring if you were staying a night or two in a hotel...clean clothes, toiletries, maybe some snacks (even though he LOVED visiting the vending machine and cafe multiple times during the day and night). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"