January 2012 Moms
Options

4lbs 10oz.

We found out Monday night that LO is a big-o 4lbs 10oz.  I was having contractions all day so the doc had me go into L&D about 6:30pm.  They put me on an IV to get some fluids and ran some test.  He did a fibronectin test and it came back neg. so he was ok with sending me home.  We did get to so the LO in an ultrasound when he was finding out how much he weighs.  Only 6 weeks left.  I hope he stays in there a little while longer and gets a little bigger.  I would be ok with him gaining 2 more pounds.  Someone said they can double their weight from now until the end!!!  He would be over 9 pounds...  I am hoping that doesn't happen!!!  Does anyone else know how much thier LO is up too?  Or 2+ moms, do you remember how much your baby weighed around 34 weeks?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4lbs 10oz.

• Options
    THe problem with the weight estimates is that they are notoriously off in either direction by up to a pound and a half. So fear not, it will likely all be just fine and your body will grow the perfect size baby for you.
  • Options
    My friend who was due Jan 17 just had her baby today! It was a total surprise, no prelabor symptoms or anything, had her first contraction at 7am and baby was here by noon. He weighed 5lbs 5oz
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have another growth scan on Friday, and am fully expecting to hear that baby is estimated at 4.5 lbs. I'm fine with that.
  • Options

imageKitKat83:
    My friend who was due Jan 17 just had her baby today! It was a total surprise, no prelabor symptoms or anything, had her first contraction at 7am and baby was here by noon. He weighed 5lbs 5oz

How are the mom and baby? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Both are doing good as far as I know! Her first was late and a big boy. I was kind of hoping we'd be in there at the same time! Just waiting to find out what they named him! Eta: She had a c-section scheduled for Jan 13th because her first caused damage to her back and constant pain ever since. I do believe this babe came naturally!
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my growth ultrasound just a couple days short of 32 weeks and my lo was measuring at 3 lbs 9 oz. The doctor said he was falling into the 45 percentile.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I had a 35 week growth scan on Monday and they estimate that LO is 6 lbs 4 oz.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tend to believe my weight estimates since they were spot on when my son was born. Yesterday, my little guy was estimated at 5 lb 4oz. He may be the size of a 2 year old when he comes out ;)
  • Options

imageclwhipple1980:
    Does anyone else know how much thier LO is up too?  Or 2+ moms, do you remember how much your baby weighed around 34 weeks?

At 34 weeks, during a routine ultrasound, we were told LO weighted 5lbs 11oz! And my Dr. said at my appointment Tuesday that it was a big baby! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a growth scan at 33 weeks and this baby was only 3 lbs. 2 oz. (4th percentile).  I hope that makes you feel better!  =)
  • Options

imageBostonGayGal:
    THe problem with the weight estimates is that they are notoriously off in either direction by up to a pound and a half. So fear not, it will likely all be just fine and your body will grow the perfect size baby for you.

This!

With DD I had an ultrasound at 37 weeks and they guessed she was 8.5lbs. When she was born at 41 weeks she was 8.14, it was way off as you can see. GL

• Options
    At my 35 week growth check they estimated my little guy to be 6lbs. 10 oz. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"