Preemies
Options

Gift Ideas Needed...Swaddle?? Suggestions Please.

Hello Ladies.  I have a friend that delivered a few weeks ago a little 5 pounder at 36 weeks.  I know I couldnt live without my swaddle.  Was just wondering if you swaddled and if so...what swaddle did you use.  I know the Summer Swaddle Me, which I used on my LO at 7 pounds fit ok but I doubt it would fit her LO for a while.  Any suggestions...I wanted to get her a gift and thought that would be a good one.  Or are there any other suggestions...anything you could not have lived without during the first few months. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gift Ideas Needed...Swaddle?? Suggestions Please.

• Options
    I just used normal receiving blankets and Aden & Anise swaddling blankets. The A&A blankets are the best, IMO. They are larger and more light weight. I never used a swaddle me or any other "pre formed" swaddler so I don't have an opinion on those. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    The NICU used Halo Swaddle Sacks and even sent one home with DS.  We have bought a few of our own.  They do have a newborn size (which is what we have been using since DS was a little over 5lbs).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    We used the A+A blankets too. We used them in the NICU and until about two months ago when we stopped swaddling. I also use them to cover her carseat when we go to the doctor's and things like that so people don't touch her.
  • Options
    We used a fleece swaddle me in the NICU from about 4lbs on and it was fine. We managed to stick the cords out the bottom no problem. At home we just use A+As blankets because they are lighter weight... I also get sick of the velcro getting stuck on things when I open it up. I didn't think the A+As were warm enough in the NICU though.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"