1st Trimester
Options

Swollen Lymph Node- Groin

I am 5 weeks pregnant and haven't been to doc yet. I just noticed last night that the lymph node on my groin (right side) is slightly tender and swollen. I did some research last night and ironically other ladies (other sites) have mentioned that this happened to them during early pregnancy and usually happened on the same side that they ovulated from the month they became pregnant. (which is the case for me, too).  I am very scared because this is my first pregnancy after years of trying. Has anyone else had this symptom or heard of it before?  Also, I was able to find others on other sites reporting the same issue, but no one posted later to say they were okay or what the deal was.  Any info would really help ease my mind!

Also, I know people will say to call my doc, but they won't see me yet.  Thank you all!! Best wishes!! 

Re: Swollen Lymph Node- Groin

• Options
    I've never heard of this as a pregnancy symptom, but I've had them before under my arm. Usually from too much caffeine (hello, college days). If it doesn't start to go down in a couple of days, I would still call your doctor. Just be sure to tell them about your swollen node, and not just ask for an early appointment. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is fairly common because pregnancy weakens your immune system, and lymph nodes can become swollen due to exposure to bacteria or viruses. It should clear up on its own relatively quickly. If it does not or it becomes painful or accompanied by a fever, call your doctor. It may be an infection that needs further treatment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Swollen lymph nodes mean that your body is fighting an infection somewhere in your body. I had one in my neck over the summer. I had gotten my hair straightened and whatever they put in my hair to keep it straight caused a horrible reaction. The back of my scalp was on fire.

I ended up on antibiotics and it took about a month for the lymph node to go all the way down. They can stay swollen for awhile. Sometimes they never go back to being totally flat. I was surprised how long it took to not be able to feel mine anymore.

Some advice. Don't touch it. If you irritate the swollen node it will remain reactive. It was one of the first things the doctor told me to stop doing. I know it's hard to do now, but you could exercise. It gets you lymph system moving and clears out the node. Mine would always be smaller after an hour of Zumba.

Give it a week. If it doesn't go down or gets bigger you need to see your doctor because it means that your body needs help fighting the infection.

Photobucket
    Husband and I are both carriers of Delta F508, one of the many mutations that cause Cystic Fibrosis. We pray for a cure.
    D-IUI #1 September 2011 ~ BFN D-IUI #2 October 2011 ~ BFP!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, ya know. Maybe you only need one person." Kermit the Frog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"