South Jersey Babies
Options

Car Seat Requirements for older kids

Does anyone know what the requirements are for the older kids?  I heard it has changed, AGAIN!?!

Who CAN ride without a booster and until what age must they be in the booster?

TIA!

L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

Re: Car Seat Requirements for older kids

• Options

I don't have a link handy but if I recall correctly a booster was needed until the child reached 80lbs and 4'9" or the age of 8.

If these rules were around when I was a kid I would have been riding in a booster seat forever save for the age threshold.

Also, there is a new recommendation that kids stay rear facing in a convertible car seat until 2 years old.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSgt M's Wife:

I don't have a link handy but if I recall correctly a booster was needed until the child reached 80lbs and 4'9" or the age of 8.

If these rules were around when I was a kid I would have been riding in a booster seat forever save for the age threshold.

Also, there is a new recommendation that kids stay rear facing in a convertible car seat until 2 years old.

So, basically, after the age of 8, they can ride without a booster?  I heard that the age was raised but I can't find anything on that.

ALSO, is there anything about riding in the front seat?  I think all kids should be in the back, at least til they're 30!Wink

L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"