Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how often does formula fed baby poop?

how often does ff baby poop? My LO is only going ever 3 to 4 days and sometimes going longer. Pedi said I didn't need to change formula but I still just don't know. My gut says maybe I should try something easier on her.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how often does formula fed baby poop?

• Options
    My baby poops every other day and he is on formula. It is completly normal my ped says. Those poops every other day though are rough lol!
  • Options

The other day he pooped 4 times in a row. Other times it has been once a day or even every other day. It really depends I think. As long as LO poops every 3-4 days I don't think doctor's worry.

DS is on Similac NeoSure for preemies (extra calories).

ETA: OP, our LOs have the same bday :)

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO is FF and she poops once a day. I asked her pedi. and she said that is very normal..

When she was under a month old though, she would sometimes only poop every other day, but now she's pretty regular.

• Options

DD has a poop (a BIG one) every 2-4 days. She is now exclusively FF (my supply just wasted away when my period came this month) and my pedi says as long as the stool isn't like little pellets (and she doesn't freak trying to pass it) then it is not constipation.

Every now and then I will give her a LITTLE bit of water after she is done eating. My pedi says that it can help move things along, but never substitute water for a feeding because it has no nutritional value. I have read on here that you can use a rectal thermometer to stimulate the anal sphincter but I am not keen on that. I just want DD's body to do things as naturally as possible. Follow your pediatrician's guidelines because they know all of your LO's medical history.

Some babies (just like adults) are frequent poopers and others don't produce as often. I am still getting 10-12 wet diapers a day so I don't worry about her nutrition and she does go. I would say if your LO's abdomen is extremely distended or swollen with no poop for about a week then I would be getting concerned. 

As I always say, if you are truly concerned, call your pedi and ask.  

• Options
    my ds various as well. somedays he can go 2-3 days no poop then others he goes with 1 poop a day and sometimes we get 2 poops a day. my pedi said as long as he's gaining weight and he's not screaming in pain then he is fine. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    AJ - 9.29.11 <3 .        Joey due 01/03/2015 .
    diagnosed with velamentous cord insertion @ 19 weeks with baby #2
  • Options
    My LO was only pooping once a day when she was one gerber gentle and she seemed to be having a hard time getting it out plus was gassy. We switched her to Soy and now she goes about 2 to 3 times a day and its a lot more soft which i think has helped her. But i did hear FF babies can go days without poopy diapers because it takes longer to digest. As long as there are constant wet ones
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagesbrowarny:
    MIne is on soy and he has at least 2 poops every day...and they are smelly and huge!

Same here! (Minus the soy part)

• Options
    My LO goes at least once a day and sometimes twice.  But there were times in the early weeks when  he would only go every two or three days.  Your doctor will let you know if there is anything to be concerned about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son is FF and he has about 1 poop a day. Some days he goes the whole day without pooping, some days he poops 2 or more times. But he normally has 1 poop a day. I aksed my pedi about it because when we first switched to formula, he was going 2-3 days without a poop, and she said she was more concerned about what the poop looked like than how often he was going. DS is on Enfamil Gentlease.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mommy's Little Man
    Making hearts melt since 10/22/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pinterest
  • Options
    i have at least 4-5 poops daily but i bot BF and FF .. am i an exception? or do i maybe need to switch formulas?
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal, as long as when she does go it's normal looking and she doesn't have a hard time getting it out. DD goes every 3ish days, sometimes more.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is on Gerber Protect, is 3 weeks old & goes generally every 1.5 days & it is GREEN!  Freaked us out at first, but pedi said totally normal.  Yesterday, however she went 2 times in one day....ya just don't know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"