Working Moms
Options

What do babies wear to daycare?

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.  :)  DD will start daycare on 1/3.  On 1/2, she'll go for a half day trial and we have to bring in all her diapers, bottles, sheets, and clothes to keep in her cubby.  Should I just bring one-piece play/sleep things and a few extra onesies to layer?

Happy Spring!.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do babies wear to daycare?

• Options
    I dress him in a long sleeve onesie, cotton pants, and socks.  I took two extra sleepers for him to keep in the cubbie incase of a blowout. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second the layers.  Sometimes daycare is cold in the AM and warm in the afternoon.  I dress her is normal stuff she would be in at home or on the weekends. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

at least the first 2 months, we dressed DD in a onesie and a long sleeved sleep & play.  When she started becoming more mobile, we dressed her in onesie "shirts", soft pants and socks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

When DD was little I would just put her in a sleep and play. On colder days I would put her in a heavier long sleeve/pant piece.

Now that she is older, we do outfits, but they are usually ones with stains b/c she normally gets dirty while at daycare and this way I don't worry about "nicer" clothing getting ruined.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks, everyone! 

imagehocus:

Just keep in mind that daycare stuff gets really dirty so don't send anything you love.

95% of her clothes are hand-me-downs, and this is one of the reasons I'm happy about that.   I just need to pick up some long-sleeve onesies and we;ll be good to go.

Happy Spring!.
  • Options

I second the "seasonally appropriate" recommendation.  It seems like common sense, but I see so many people dropping their kids off in short sleeves when it is 50 degrees out.  That might not be that cold to some, but we live in South Florida, so it is cold to us (we only use our heat 5-10 days a year, typically, and daycare might not even use it that much).  Just keep the weather in mind and the fact that daycare might not have the heat as high as you keep it in your own house. 

To answer your question though, I like to send DD2 in long sleeve onesies with pants or long sleeve one piece outfits.  On cold days I will put an extra onesie underneath and they can take it off of her as the day gets warmer. 

• Options
    We always do a onesie, a hoodie, sweats, and socks. We have extras of all of the above, blow outs are going to happen.
  • Options
    For infants, I did one piece zipper outfits or cotton pants with onesie. I have always had separate daycare clothes for my boys. Well except now their jeans are all the same but I do have certain t-shirts they can wear. My oldest gets messy all the time and so I just buy a bunch ON tshirts for him to wear to school at the start of each season.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom watches DD and she asked that we send her in a sleep and play vs. the onesie+pants+socks--the socks kept falling off and were pain to keep track of. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"