Oregon Babies

Any OHSU reviews?

I'm interested in giving birth at OHSU for their water birth option (I know you have to work with their midwives so I scheduled an appointment for next month). Anyone delivered there recently and want to provide a review? TIA!
BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

Re: Any OHSU reviews?

• We have exactly the same due date and exactly the same question!! ;) I have my nurse intake appointment there today. This is baby #2 for us and we are switching from my OB to a midwife at OHSU for the waterbirth option.

Perhaps we'll go into this blindly together!

• Two friends of mine used midwifes at OHSU and both had great experiences, though I don't think they had water births. My OHSU dr is at family medicine. I loved her too but didn't see her until the very end. In the case of my son, he actually came so quickly that she missed his birth by a few minutes. But the staff was excellent and I have no complaints.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had any experience with the midwives up there, but I gave birth to DD at OHSU and will do the same with LO this time.  As long as your ok with students being present (at least at my birth, but again I didn't have a MW) I think it's a great place to give birth and if any complications should arise (hopefully not), you're at a really great hospital with access to a lot of help!!  Gl!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKatieP71312:

We have exactly the same due date and exactly the same question!! ;) I have my nurse intake appointment there today. This is baby #2 for us and we are switching from my OB to a midwife at OHSU for the waterbirth option.

How'd the appointment go? I don't get one until 1/5. I should have called way earlier! 

BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

• I?ve written some longer reviews on previous posts, if you?d like to look them up. But I delivered my first there and had a fantastic experience. The staff in L&D and mom&baby were great. I?ve heard really good things about the midwives (I was with family medicine).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image9yrsLater:
    imageKatieP71312:

We have exactly the same due date and exactly the same question!! ;) I have my nurse intake appointment there today. This is baby #2 for us and we are switching from my OB to a midwife at OHSU for the waterbirth option.

How'd the appointment go? I don't get one until 1/5. I should have called way earlier! 

It was completely uneventful. Just typed in the health history that I had already filled out, took my blood and did a urine culture. I had my second appointment (with a MW) on 12/21 and I requested she doppler a HB for me. She said we had a 60/40 chance, I was almost 11 weeks, and she was able to find it!

It is def a different experience that having an OB. Our conversation was really interesting and I'm considering the group prenatal option. Have you given any thought to it? I'm guessing we'd be in the same group! They are also designing their own labor & delivery class so I'm pretty excited to learn more about that! 

Have you scheduled an appointment with a MW? Which one?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"