Blended Families

Survived.

The joint bday party with BM saturday. DH and I went (our weekend with kids anyways) and DH ran the show with BM. I stayed in the background. Her family introduced themselves to us. I introduced myself to the SF's mother. They all met my family at the end of the party when they came to pick up my niece.

So it was a very barfy-nice-kumbaya type deal.

Topped off at the end with SD6 doing a screaming fit b/c her 3 yr old sister (BM's youngest - not DH's child) had a pen that looked kind of like the one she owned and BM wouldn't make the 3yr old give it to her so she threw herself on the floor screaming (Can you say EXHAUSTED child?!?).

Re: Survived.

• BWAH!!  Kumbaya!  ROFLAMO!!  oh geez gotta love those kid parties! 
  • Exhausted and fueled by junk food I'm sure.  Gotta love it... lookin' forward to many of my own!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea - gotta love em.  It will be my turn in January.  Last year SS wanted a photo with me and BM - it was so awkward (sp?).  SO had to take the picture.  Then i had to take one of them and her of us - man was i glad to get out of there. 

Still tho i'm happy for you that it went well.  I'll page you in Jan for tips on how to have a fun family kumbya experience. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"