C-sections

c-section w/a toddler

Hi Girls...just wondering if anyone had a c-section and has a toddler at home. What did you do for nap time or putting them to bed considering there are restrictions? Did you transition them early to a toddler bed so they can get into the bed themselves?

I'm due in May w/#2 so both LO will be 2 years apart exactly. Thinking of putting DD in a toddler bed soon so we can get her use to it before baby is born so I'm not struggling putting her to bed.

Thanks! 

Re: c-section w/a toddler

• Due with DS #2 in April, the boys will be 2 & 1/2 years apart and this will be my 2nd c-section as well.  We moved DS into the big boy bed at 22mos. and it's been a huge success.  I can't imagine lifting a toddler into a crib with a c-section recovery.   GL

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • we just moved DS to his big boy bed last w/e (he's 22 months today). It got too hard for me to lift him (he's 30#) in and out of the crib, and I didn't want him to feel like we were kicking him out of the crib for the baby.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a working mom, so DS1 has continued to go to daycare while I'm on maternity leave.  While I was on my lifting restriction (6 weeks), DH would put him to bed at night and down for his naps on the weekends.  DS1 is still in his crib.
  • My second c-section is in less than two weeks, and my kids will be 21 months apart. My son isn't ready for a big boy bed, so we're keeping him in the crib for now. Our crib isn't that deep, so I think it will be ok-- my husband will be home for the first few weeks anyway. I plan on using a step stool if need be. 

With my first c-section, I followed the pain meds schedule and was never ever in pain. I felt fine about 5 days after my surgery, I never had a problem going up stairs or lifting. Maybe I just got lucky though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due with DD#2 in Jan. We started transitioning DD#1 to daddy handling bedtime and for naps, we are working on her putting herself to bed when we tell her its nap time. She generally lets us know she is tired and ready for a nap by asking for cuddles or laying down on the floor with her blankie.

We are planning VBAC, but what to be able to handle me with restrictions if RCS occurs.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Our girls are exactly 2 years apart -- we put DD in toddler bed 3 months before baby arrived. We also potty trained 3 months before. Now DD is a big helper with the diaper poop patrol for her baby sister!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • DS1 & DS2 were almost exactly 3 years apart. DS1 was in a bottom bunk at 2 1/2 so getting him in bed wasn't a problem. In the first few weeks I was taking a nap too and he was growing out of them so I napped in my bed and he watched a movie next to me.

DS2 turns 3 in July and I'm due in May this time. DS2 has been in a toddler bed since lat May and will be in a twin bed when LO gets here because I need his matress. He is also growing out of naps so I assume he will also watch movies in my bed and nap if he needs to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD1 is still in her crib. MIL is here right now, so either she or DH put her intcrane take her out of the crib. MIL is leaving on Sun, and DD1 will go back to daycare on Monday. So DH will put her into her crib for night time. I'm pretty sure I could pick her up now but DH would kill me if I tried. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"