C-sections
Options

Placenta previa c section stories?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Placenta previa c section stories?

• Options

I had complete previa with my daughter. I also had a bleeding incident at 31 weeks and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. They gave me steroid injections to develop her lungs because they were afraid that they would have to deliver her early. They were able to stop the bleeding and I was sent home on bed rest. She was born at exactly 36 weeks due to preterm labor. 

I did lose a little more blood than normal, but not enough to need a transfusion. They just had me take iron pills. She was perfectly healthy and we got to take her home 3 days after she was born.

Best of luck to you and your little one! 

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had partial previa, my c/s was great and had no complications at all :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had complete placenta previa causing me to have a scheduled c section at 36 wks 3 dys. I was extremely nervous and felt sooo unprepared for it, but it went so much smoother than I ever imagined. Recovery has been great ( or maybe it's just the pain meds that hav been great...lol) but I feel better than after my vaginal delivery with DS # 1. I definitely agree about getting up when you can to walk around ( I walked from like the window of my room to the door ad back to start) an would adjust where i sat ( chair or bed) during the day as well. And staying on top of your meds is a must. I knew over a month beforehand that I was having a c section, so I had time to mentally prepare myself and accept it ( except my freakout the day before). I have no regrets about the c section bc without it, my DS would not be here. I never got an amnio done, and no one even asked me about it till i was on the table like a thanksgiving turkey and they were about to cut in!:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had no complications during the c section and my bleeding was light and has already stopped ( had DS on Monday).
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I had complete previa, and was on bedrest starting at 34wks from preterm labor. We planned to have her at 36wks, but amnio came back as her lungs weren't mature. We were shocked because we had had steriods already. Ob said we would take her the next week no matter what because risk of her being in there and me going into labor (which I still was-progressed to 2 cms and very thin) with low platelets and slight anemia would outweigh her slight need for lung assistance if necessary. So, at 37wks I was set up with 2 huge IVs in case of needing transfusion, and we were ready to go! They had to cut through the placenta to get LO, and I lost a quart and a pint of blood. Was very close to getting transfusion, but didn't luckily. I clotted fine even with low platelets,and I have been taking extra iron since. LO's lungs were perfect, and she was perfectly healthy! 7lb 5oz at 37 wks! Couldn't feel more blessed about the outcome! So happy to not be so worried all of the time! Best of luck to you!!
  • Options

I had complete PP with Alex.

I chose not to have an amnio so they administered 2 steroid shots 24 hours apart starting 48 hours before scheduled c-section. A was born at 36 weeks. I had very little blood loss during the c-sect. I also did not have any bleeds prior to the birth. I was very fortunate on both counts.

About 12 hours after his birth, they noticed he had some issues breathing, so he went into the nicu for oxygen. He was there for 4 days and we were released together.

Good luck!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I am having an amnio at 36 weeks..so a few weeks away..I have marginal or low lying previa..doctor said he could do c-section the next day.

Is this always the case or can you wait a week after lungs are cleared to be developed?

I just posted that I am trying to figure out whether to do this year or next for insurance reasons.. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecourtneyklv:

I am having an amnio at 36 weeks..so a few weeks away..I have marginal or low lying previa..doctor said he could do c-section the next day.

Is this always the case or can you wait a week after lungs are cleared to be developed?

I just posted that I am trying to figure out whether to do this year or next for insurance reasons.. 

That's a tough one. On one hand you get a tax credit for this year, but on the other hand, you'll have hit your oop for the year and won't have to pay for anything but co-pays next year (if anything were to go wrong).

Hmmm Tough decisions! Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"