3rd Trimester
Options

s/o mattress protector, how about for myself?

Has anyone experienced your water breaking while sleeping?  Do I need something to protect my mattress?  With my son, I didn't even think of it...  Hmm...
m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o mattress protector, how about for myself?

• Options
    we have a couple decent sized mattress pads for my side of the bed. Once we get a bit closer, they go onto the bed under the sheets. I dont think my water will break before I wake up realizing im in labor but..... better safe than sorry right?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this myself, I think I'm going to get one, since amniotic fluid is just one if the many things that can ruin my mattress. I was just going to out a puppy pad under the sheet, but I'm suspecting there will be many instances of pee, poo, and spit up in the near future that I'd like to protect my mattress from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just ordered one off of amazon for 20 dollars.  I think it is worth saving myself from buying a new king mattress right after having a baby!  Our childbirth instructor actually recommended that we all buy one.  She made a good point that it will even be useful after you have baby if you tend to have leaky nipples! The one I have you can lie either right over or right under your sheet just on your side of the bed.  Here is the link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOA7C2/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
  • Options

I guess the link didnt take - trying again:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOA7C2/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

• Options
    Mine didn't break when I was sleeping, but I prepared for the possibility anyway.  We already had a waterproof mattress pad, and I also put a towel between the sheet and the pad.  This time around I have some of the big disposable pads they put under you at the hospital, so I'll probably use that instead of the towel.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    I'm definitely buying one after Christmas if I don't get one as a gift.  I remember sweating and leaking so badly after I gave birth last time that I slept on a beach towel and soaked it every night for the first couple of days.  We've bought a new mattress since and I want to protect it from all that, plus the risk of kids puking and peeing...there's just too much potential for a ruined mattress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My water broke with DD when I sat down on my bed.  It wasn't a ton but enough to be a mess and I wish I had put something down for protection.  I am definitly going to get somehting.

• Options

My husband just bought us a water proof mattress cover for our bed from Kohls...  We have a Temperpedic $4,000 mattress and we don't want to risk ruining it.  I think the pad was about $50, but we know it was $$ well spent considering I'll be nursing and having the baby in bed with us quite a bit...  

• Options
    imagebananna40:

My husband just bought us a water proof mattress cover for our bed from Kohls...  We have a Temperpedic $4,000 mattress and we don't want to risk ruining it.  I think the pad was about $50, but we know it was $$ well spent considering I'll be nursing and having the baby in bed with us quite a bit...  

Absolutely this!! I love, love, love our Tempurpedic and I would just sob if it were to die a horrible, messy, amniotic-fluid death. :(

We got a waterproof pad, too, but I still need to put it on.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"