October 2011 Moms
Options

I'm insanely jealous...

... of you ladies who are BF-ing and whose LOs nurse for 10-15 minutes and then, they're done.  Due to my LO's difficulties with latch, feeding is a 60-90 minute fiasco for me (at least 15 minutes on each breast of BF-ing with a nipple shield, 15-20 minute bottle feeding to supplement with formula -- per pedi's instructions -- due to my low milk supply, changing LO's diaper, and then pumping for 10-15 minutes) that I get to repeat every 90 minutes. 

Just venting... don't mind me... it's just exhausting and somewhat boring!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm insanely jealous...

• Options
    Yes you are my hero right now. I was having a hard time BF-ing too using a nipple shield and after supplementing so much my DD gets frustrated at the boob :( so I started pumping and my supply sucks and I am considering EFF-ing. 
    photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
    Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Options
    When DD was BFing she would nurse for 30 minutes a side and every 90 minutes.  I kind of feel your pain.  It was not exactly the bonding experience I expected when Bf.    You are kicking some serious bum at this mom thing for going through all that all the time.  Good job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry BFing is difficult for you! You are a great mom for sticking it out to give your LO the best nutrition you can! I certainly hope it gets easier for you soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm insanely impressed at your dedication! So many moms would have given up and just EFF after all that.  But seriously it is so awesome that you're doing that for your LO.  

I started with a shield and bad latch and things have gotten SO much better.  Just remember that this is the hardest part, and you'll get months (years if you/LO want!) of awesome bonding and great nutrition in exchange. 

• Options
    I'm not having any problems with bf now, but my ds takes usually 45mins to nurse. He's a pokey eater. I have seen that others' have been told by dr's to only do 10 minutes a side, and if I did that he would never be full and my supply wouldn't be what he needs. It's great you've stuck it out with bf! If it's important to you, you will look back and be proud of yourself for doing all you could to give your baby bm. I still regret not bfing my first. If you do all you can and it doesn't work out, at least you know you tried everything and didn't give up!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    You're a great mom for sticking with it!  Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that your siggy pic is insanely cute!

• Options
    Have you considered EPing?  I know that EPing gets a really bad rap on these boards, but I've been doing it from day one and it has been a very positive experience for me. 

I know exactly how much DS is getting and I'm still able to give him BM, which is great.  He'll eat his bottle in about 10-15 minutes, then he'll hang out on his play mat while I pump (20-30 minutes).  This is when I'm home by myself with him.  For the evening feeds, DH will feed him while I pump, thereby cutting the time in half. 

Yes, there are a ton of bottles to clean (pump bottles as well as feeding bottles).  Yes, it is more time (though less than what you are currently spending). 

Hang in there!  You are doing awesome and your LO is very lucky to have such a dedicated mommy who is willing to do whatever it takes to have a healthy, happy baby!

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"