3rd Trimester
Options

Do I really need a mattress protector?

Do I really need one for the crib if the mattress is wipeable?

My P&P is not able to be wiped down if she soaks it.  Is there anything else I could do besides buying yet another baby item at this point?  Shower curtain? :-D I can get it later....I just don't wanna spend $15-$20 right now.  Grrrr...

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do I really need a mattress protector?

• Options
    I found waterproof multi-use pads at BRU.  They were like 5-6$.  I got them to fit the pnp since we will be using this for the first few months.  
    image  image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have two...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recommend one for the crib because it makes the mattress a tad bit softer and WARMER.  Even in a warm house, a crib mattress is cool.  Placing a sleepy baby in a cool bed is uncool.... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    if the mattress is wipable, or waterproofed, (most are now) you dont need a liner, just LOTS of crib sheets.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I got one for the crib even though the mattress was wipeable. I think it makes it a little softer. I heard Target is having a deal this weekend where you get a $10 gift card if you spend $50. Maybe you could lump the mattress pad purchase with some Christmas gifts and score the gift card!!
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They really do help!!!  Do you absolutely NEED one, no, but OTOH, what happens if...  Remember even if the mattress is "wipeable" that doesn't mean that you're going to be able to get every last bit of the 3 P's out of it...  It's just the reality...  The $10 mattress cover from BRU is worth it IMO not necessarily when they're this small, but when they're older and go through a sudden growth spurt or case of the chucks and you're left to change the bed in the middle of the night exhausted with one eye open...THAT is when it will more than pay for itself...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can't imagine sleeping on a bed without at least a mattress pad and figured since I was buying a couple of mattress pads anyway, I might as well buy ones that are waterproof.  

Just think about what will be easier in the middle of the night- quickly switching pads or taking the time to find the materials to clean the mattress properly.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    I thought it was nice and made cleanup easier.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I really like the waterproof pads, the best tip I got while I was nannying was to put a waterproof matress pad down and cover it with a crib sheet and then repeat, cover that crib sheet with another mattress pad and another sheet...that way when they wet the bed late at night all you have to do is strip down the top layer and lay them back in bed! Just remember to then wash it the next day and replace it so when they wet the bed again you don't have to go looking for things! :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Layering them is genius! Thanks everybody! I am going to get some.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"