June 2012 Moms
Options

NT Scan tomorrow .. but not told to have full bladder

I have my NT scan tomorrow afternoon, and nobody told me to have a full bladder, which I had thought was what was supposed to happen. I'm having to go to a different office because my OB doesn't do it ... so it's a satellite office. My OB said nothing about it, and the satellite office said nothing about it when they called to confirm.

Thoughts? (Maybe it's because I'm only 11w1d tomorrow and so they're planning on doing an internal, and therefore won't need a full bladder?) DH has to work tonight and tomorrow, and so he's waking up in the middle of the day for the appointment, and I have to be somewhere at 4 (a half an hour away from the office, and my appt is at 2.)

Re: NT Scan tomorrow .. but not told to have full bladder

• Options
    With DD, they had me drink like 32-40oz.  That was way too much, they actually stopped to have me pee.   This time, the only wanted 16oz, which seemed to be plenty and didn't feel "full" at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had my NT scan today, they never said anything about a full bladder- and the u/s tech asked me to pee right before we got started. 

GL tomorrow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I'm so nervous for my appt tomorrow. Thankfully I have class starting at 930 and that should make time go fast since it's one of those classes that FLIES by.

I still have symptoms (m/s, cramping, sore boobs) but I am petrified that they're going to tell me they can't find LO or the hb. Tonight may be a LONG night!

• Options
    I've had 2 internal NT scans and they had me empty my bladder for both.  For my new appointment they told me to come with a fill bladder for a "regular" NT scan.  GL tomorrow!!
  • Options
    I've wondered the same thing.  I've seen several posts where ladies were told to have a full bladder but my dr's office hasn't said anything to me either way.  Mine isn't until the 13th so maybe I'll check with them before. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my NT at 11w5d and was told to empty my bladder before the scan. It was abdominal.
  • Options
    When I booked both my NT and my 20 week appt with the perinatologist, they specifically told me that I DIDN'T need a full bladder.  And when I went to these same appointments with my first, I drank a ton thinking I needed to and they also told me it was unnecessary.  I think it depends on the practice, maybe their equipment doesn't need it?  
    Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I made the appt for my NT Scan which is next week, they said nothing about drinking water, but told me to eat a high calorie snack about 30 min before my appt
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is tomorrow as well, and they didn't say anything.  My thought is that I will just go with a full-ish bladder, and if they want me to empty it, I can.  It's a lot easier to get rid of it quickly, than it is to build it up, right?
    Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • Options
    imageTigerlillies:

I had my NT scan today, they never said anything about a full bladder- and the u/s tech asked me to pee right before we got started. 

GL tomorrow!

This and GL!

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    They had me come in with a full bladder.  The US tech had a hard time seeing things so she had me empty it and it was much better for her.  I went to a different place last pregnancy and the doctor that did the US had me empty before starting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have my NT scan tomorrow too.  And they did not say anything about drinking water.  The last pregnancy I had it too and didn't have to drink extra.  I think it does depend on the quality of the equipment they are using. 

Excited to see the baby but also scared if there would be something abnormal.  I think that kind of thinking is normal.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine yesterday and she said it wouldn't matter either way. The uterus is big enough now that the bladder doesn't help.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our tech said to come with it neither full nor empty. She said just to drink the normal amount I'd drink and if anything, it's easier to empty it if needed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
    BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
    BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mine said "slightly full"... I plan on just being really hydrated that day but not chugging water the hour before. Just a bottle of water or whatever feels normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was told I did not need a full bladder and it was done on the stomach.

Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    At only 11 weeks you'd better have a full bladder or they won't be able to see well enough.  I don't believe they do transvaginal u/s for the NT scan.  I'm sure they just forgot to tell you.  Better to have a full bladder and just have to use the restroom than show up with an empty bladder and have to wait for it to fill.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"