December 2011 Moms

40 week appt, efforts all in vain.

Just got home from my 40 week appointment and it sucks to say, but I am STILL 4cm and 80% effaced! WTH?! After days of contractions, walking, using an exercise ball, EPO, sex, spicy food, you name it. All for nothing! 

I know this board is tired about hearing everyone biitch and moan about being "done", but this is just so frustrating and no one else seems to understand, so I just had to put it here; besides, I'm due tomorrow, so it's not like I'm upset and still have 3 weeks to go. I have the option to cancel my scheduled C-section on the 7th and give myself until the 15th since I am hoping for a VBAC, but I am torn. Maybe my body just isn't built for this, maybe it's just not meant to be, and a C-section is my fate. I don't know.

Ugh, this SUCKS! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 40 week appt, efforts all in vain.

• :( You poor thing! I feel for you! I can't imagine being in that position! I'm the one with 4 weeks to go and feel "done"! HANG IN THERE GIRL! I have never thought women were more amazing then reading the posts in these last few weeks and childbirth stories. I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe start playing dance dance revolution??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hang in there! I know it must be hard to be at your due date and to have made no progress. Hopefully you'll go into labor soon! Maybe try dancing, like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb_AcnR5Tw8&feature=youtu.be
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry sweetie.  I was hoping that you would have had her while I have been gone :(  Maybe take a few days off from everything you've been trying and go pamper yourself with a haircut and mani/pedi.  I really hope she comes on her own and you get to have the VBAC you have been hoping for.  Hang in there!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL that was so cute! I'm even tearing up a little for God knows what reason. I just love how silly the couple is together. While we're trying to entertain ourselves, I've found a great website that made me LOL. Maybe you can laugh yourself into labor!

https://www.happyplace.com/10430/the-most-enjoyably-cantankerous-notes-ever-posted-in-the-workplace

• Cheer up I had my 40 week appt today also. I am only 1cm and 50% effaced.

• Thanks Seashell, I was hoping to have her by now too! But tomorrow is my due date, and my mom SWEARS she's coming tomorrow, so we shall see. It's just a little disheartening I think because I have a deadline to make to try and avoid a surgery, and it's just getting closer and closer everyday.

That video of that poor woman overdue with twins made me crack up! I might just do that tomorrow!

And rtittle, it's nice to know I'm not the only one at the finish line with no trophy yet! Hopefully things start moving soon for both of us! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That must feel incredibly frustrating!  I know it's hard because I'm only 37 weeks and an eager beaver to meet my baby, but remember that "due" dates are nothing more than GUESS dates.  Think of it in more of a "due time frame" from today throughout the next two weeks...it might make waiting for the arrival of your baby more bearable.  Don't lose faith in yourself or body, no matter what the outcome :)
  • Sorry to hear you are frustrated!  Hang in there!  As of Friday, I had made no progress either, and my EDD was yesterday.  I'm sure I would be torn with the c-section vs VBAC decision too.  Sending good thoughts your way!

href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• I hear ya!!!  My due date is Monday and I made very little progress from last week to this week.  It sucks, I broke down into tears at the doctor's office yesterday.  My mom was actually laughing at me!

Oh well, I'm counting on my week and a half off before baby now.  It's incredibly frustrating to hear about all of the girls that go in the 38/39 weeks, don't get my wrong I'm HAPPY for them, just jealous Big Smile

ETA:  I'm only 1cm and 50% effaced, so you're further than me!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"