January 2012 Moms
Options

what do braxton hicks contractions feel like??

I have dull low period like cramps - is that braxton hicks??  they really do not hurt but i can feel them
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do braxton hicks contractions feel like??

• Options
    I'm curious myself, as I don't think I've felt them either pregnancy. I did feel that period like cramp, dull and low, the other day for a little bit. It went away and hasn't come back, so now I'm wondering...
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same thing every once in awhile. Its only in the pelvic area and yeah it feels like a mild menstrual cramp. Dunno if thats bh but I get it too.
    AnniversaryImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure about cramps because I've never had cramps with mine. My braxton hicks usually just feel like my tummy is really tight and it gets super hard all over. Sometimes LO's body is in a ball and makes one area feel hard, but when my whole tummy feels really hard then it's BH. Mine have only hurt one time, and that's because I wasn't drinking enough water. Usually I can feel when they're happening just because it kind of feels like I'm flexing my tummy.
  • Options

I've been getting them for a few weeks now.they feel like your stomach s tightening up for a few seconds and then it gets soft again. They can be uncomfortable. I get them a lot when I'm working moving around a lot, or if I don't drink enough water. Hope this helps.

• Options
    My doctor told me they can feel different on everyone. Mine were painful like the first day of my period-type cramps. Basically, if they are erratic and NOT regular, then they are prob BH's, and drinking a ton of water will help ease them. My doc also recommended a warm bath and 2 extra strength tylenol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"