Multiples
Options

Suggest your car!

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I thought it fit the closest.

Me and my FI are planning on TTC in July. I need a new car soon, and would like it to be family friendly. I have been looking for a while, but it is dificult! Most cars and SUVs don't have enough space in the back to have the front seats all the way back (FI and his family are over 6 foot) and have a rear facing car seat fit. (We are planning on having three kids kind of close together, which is why multiples kind of fit....) We are looking in the lower price range.

If the vehicle you drive works well for your needs, what is it?

Anyone have their eye on a vehicle that will better suit your needs? Which one and why?

Thanks so much for your help. Some hands-on experience would be helpful!

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Suggest your car!

• Options
    get a minivan.  Any brand, they're all pretty comparable to the next.  So much space and very convenient for shopping and all kids gear
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Generally speaking, if you want to have 3 kids in carseats a minivan is always going to be the most convenient way to go.  I wasn't expecting to have two in carseats at once and got a Honda Pilot (SUV) and if I knew then what I know now, I totally would have gone the minivan route.  It'll work, just not quite as easily.

And most of the other third-row SUVs don't seem to have side impact airbags that go all the way to the third row.  Or this was true a year and a half ago when I bought.

Happy car shopping!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! FI isn't a fan of minivans. I think they are awesome though, I am 5'2" and would love to be able to walk in and put the carseat in. Instead of leaning over, which is hard on my back.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    imageLottaLattes:

Generally speaking, if you want to have 3 kids in carseats a minivan is always going to be the most convenient way to go.  I wasn't expecting to have two in carseats at once and got a Honda Pilot (SUV) and if I knew then what I know now, I totally would have gone the minivan route.  It'll work, just not quite as easily.

And most of the other third-row SUVs don't seem to have side impact airbags that go all the way to the third row.  Or this was true a year and a half ago when I bought.

Happy car shopping!

This is a very good tip! Thanks so much. I wouldn't have thought about it.

Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    If you can, get the auto sliding doors on the van. This is a life saver when your hands are full of kids.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageViolaPlayer:
    If you can, get the auto sliding doors on the van. This is a life saver when your hands are full of kids.

Another great tip! Thanks!

Keep them coming!

Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options

I loved my Honda CRV.  It just felt like a good solid car.  The excellant crash test ratings were my main reason for purchasing it.

I went to about 110,000 miles before it was totalled in the Hurricane.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"