Babies on the Brain

Do I lie?

So I'm filling out applications for internships at both tv stations here in town.

One of them asks the very obnoxious question of "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Do I tell them that I'm not really interested in a career in local news but rather am just looking at the internship as a learning general television production kind of thing or do I blow smoke up their ass and tell them I am hoping to be the next Diane Sawyer?

(course I hope I end up more like Diane Sawyer than my mom- name that movie)

People get really squidgy when you make it known that you aren't in it for the long haul so I don't know. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
imageimageimageimage
"It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
"Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."

Re: Do I lie?

• Drop dead gorgeous. Maybe not lie, but spin it somehow. Which is lying without calling it lying. 
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Blow Smoke!  You never know you might be the next Diane Sawyer....
  • Loading the player...
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:

(course I hope I end up more like Diane Sawyer than my mom- name that movie)

Drop Dead Gorgeous?

one of my all time faves!

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous- it is one of the best movies ever.

imageimageimageimage
  • imagefredalina:
    H is a local news producer (and I know he works with a lot of interns), and here's what he texted me:

I would be realistic. The vast majority of interns have the Diane Sawyer delusions. ..what's refreshing is those that don't. In reality production and behind the scenes people are much more helpful to interns and are usually happy to help. Anyone who has actually thought out how they would use the experience would have the advantage in my experience

Thank you very much!

Seriously, I could not have asked for a more perfect answer.

I've written both options out and the Diane Sawyer one was really not sitting well so I'm glad to see that the real answer is the better option. 

imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"