Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleeping on my chest

So my almost 6 week old will only sleep on my chest. I've tried putting him down in his crib drowsy and completely asleep. If drowsy he will start screaming after about 5 minutes, if asleep he wakes up within 20 min and is screaming. When he sleeps on me he  will sleep 2-4 hours. I swaddle and do a whole routine for naps and bedtime. If I hold him he's asleep in less than 5 min. I always start the routine at first yawn which is an hr to hr 15 after he last woke up. I'm just looking for encouragement that he will outgrow this or tips and tricks to stop this. He hates the moby and I really just want his to sleep in his crib. I know it's WAY to early to cry it out and I've tried goin in and soothing him and not picking him up and sometimes he stops crying for a few min and sometimes he doesnt. I've tried putting him in his pack and play that's been heated and right next to me with my arm on his chest, having dh put him down, double swaddling, white noise, music....I really hope he out grows this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeping on my chest

• Options

Your LO will outgrow this- I promise!

My DD would not sleep anywhere but on me or DH until she was 11.5 weeks old. I tried putting her in the PNP or her crib, but she would wake up immediately and cry. I went to visit my parents for a couple of weeks & decided that when I got back, I would start transitioning to the crib for naps. It was like a switch had been flipped- the first time I put her in her crib for a nap, she slept for 30 minutes. We have continued naps in the crib since then and it has been going great (3 weeks so far).

At 6 weeks, your LO is still getting used to the real world. I know it makes life difficult and it is almost impossible to get anything done, but enjoy the time cuddling with your LO while he is still little. I miss the naps on my shoulder, but I know that it is better for DD to sleep in the crib. Good luck!!

• Options
    imageejagk:

Your LO will outgrow this- I promise!

This is what I've read so I'm milking it for as long as I can. I love it! Though I know that leaves me to do nothing but watch bad tv or stare at the ceiling.

Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"