High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Come in if you're on 17p but still having contractions..

I just wanted to see how common this is. I've been on the 17p injections since 16 weeks and have had cramping/contractions since 17 weeks on and off. I have a long history of PTL with both of kids and was on bed rest during my last pregnancy. At this point during my pregnancy, I have cervical ultrasounds every two weeks since I continue to have cramping/contractions even with the injection. And as of last week (after a trip to the hospital and a shot of Brethine), I have Brethine to take if I need it. But my cervix is still holding strong! I'm just curious if any of you are having the cramping/contractions even with the shot and if so, did they change your cervix at all? I feel like the only reason my cervix is still holding strong is because of the shot, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. I'm on restricted activity, hoping to skip out on bed rest this time around but my OB has already told me that as soon as my cervix starts to shorten, I'm out. Just curious of other's experiences with it. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Come in if you're on 17p but still having contractions..

• Options
    same boat here. first two were born slightly premature (the first induced due to low fluid, the second PROM). this time around we started 17P at 16 weeks. I'm now 27 weeks and have been having contractions on and off for a few weeks. I know some are regular old Braxton Hicks but others are worse and take quite a bit to get them to settle down. Luckily, I haven't had to go to the hospital yet for them. I know what a pain that can be (with my second son I had to go to the hospital twice to get contractions to stop with Terbutaline shots and was sent home with Terbutaline to take every four hours to keep the contractions at bay). I'm also trying to avoid bedrest as much as possible (I mean, how is that even an option with two little ones at home?!). Better to do what's best for the baby though so if I were you I would take it easy as much as possible. Stay off your feet when you can and try to let go of some other things for now (I always feel a little guilty about my husband having to clean up or take over certain tasks that I normally do - like bathtime) but I just try to remember that the further along you get without being on bedrest, the better. Hang in there!! 
    Mom to Jake 6/24/08 and Aidan 2/24/11 Baby #3 due 2/29/12 katiedidablog.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I continued to have contractions with the 17P but they didn't change my cervix.  I even had some really bad ones that sent me to doc but no change in cervix.  I noticed an increase the day of my shot and the day after and then a day or two before my shot. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just got my first shot this week on Tuesday. I was also put on 20mg of procardia every 6 hours. My contractions have definitely decreased from having strong contractions 1-2 minutes apart and a 3.1 cervix to 1-2 medium contractions an hour (more if I need to get up and pee or get something from another room - then they're about constant again and can be intense) and a 4.2 cervix (woot, woot).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"