Parenting

clicky poll--Christmas tree

how is your tree decorated??

[Poll]

Re: clicky poll--Christmas tree

• I voted "all matching" but this year after we put up our main tree with coordinating ornaments, we purchased a little tree from Lowe's (a real one - our big tree is artificial) for like $30 and let the girls put all their ornaments on it, along with some childhood ornaments of mine that my mom had recently given me.
    Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Mine is a mess of ornaments.  We have ornaments that I had when I was single and when DH was single.  A few random ornaments that people have bought for us (which are supposed to be nice ornaments but they aren't our taste) and then the annual ornaments I've bought for my kids.  I hate it.  I want a tree that has matching ornaments or has some sort of theme.  I keep telling my H that I'm going to go out one year and buy all new ornaments but then I end up not wanting to spend the money.  Once everything is on clearance, it is so picked over that I don't like what's left.
    I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted 'matching' but thats for my main tree. I have two trees now. My tree is all white lights, all coordinating ornaments, pretty much looks like it belongs in a store or magazine.

Then my second tree is in the kids playroom. It has colored lights, all ornaments they've either picked out or made. They decorate it, so most of the ornaments are cluttered in one small section.

• Mine is a big mess. We might do a coordinates tree on our fake tree upstairs this year.  Our "real" tree - the one we have in the main living area and the one that sant comes to - is a mash of all sorts of ornaments. I have all my ornaments from when I was growing up when my parents got us at least 1-2 a year. The kids also get at least 1-2 ornaments from us and another one from my parents every year. I love decorating the tree because each ornament has a story and a memory. 
  • We have three the one in the dining room you can see from the front of the house is matchy, the live one which is our main one is ornaments the kids made or ones we have picked up from our travels or places we have lived I like it ten times better than our matchy one each ornament has meaning and is a symbol of our lives as a family. The one in the playroom is all hot pink and green because it was DDs before we had ds time to add some blue! 
  • I have white lights and red and gold balls to tie it together, but everything else is a mishmash of ornaments that have been collected over many years.

I think perfectly matchy trees are for department stores. :-)

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • imageAnnapolisLari:

I have white lights and red and gold balls to tie it together, but everything else is a mishmash of ornaments that have been collected over many years.

Yes 

DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • I put ss. My tree has alot of old ornaments, some from my great grandparents that came from Ireland, Sweden and Poland as well as some new ones. None Match they are all keepsake ornaments.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • imageAnnapolisLari:

I have white lights and red and gold balls to tie it together, but everything else is a mishmash of ornaments that have been collected over many years.

This is my tree, just throw in some green balls!

-Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • Ours is matchy. It has clear lights, silver and white bead/snowflake garland, blue and silver ornaments (in coordinating hues of blue-some matte, some shiny, some silver glitter) a silver star topper. Oh and Alissa's white partridge right in the middle.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• Some of you must have huge houses to have more than one tree!

Our tree is a mismatch and I love it!  Each ornament has so many memories. 

• I agree with lari. We have lots of red and gold, but also lots of special ornaments we have added over time. My tree must have lots of ornaments but that is the only requirement. I think my tree looks really good. It's personal and homey but pretty.
  • Ours is a completely random mix of stuff - some we had before we were together, some we or the kids have made, some that were gifts, some we've picked up here and there.  I love it that way. They all have memories. I have no desire for matching or coordinated ornaments.

I do prefer all white lights but I've been out voted the last two years - DH and the kids all prefer colored lights, so I've given up the white lights. 

• imageAnnapolisLari:

Me too!

I have the fake tree in the playroom by the front window. DD is going to decorate it how she wants.

The main tree will have white lights and all the ornaments we have collected through the years. We usually pick up an ornament when we go on vacation and then I let DD pick out a new ornament each year. It's fun and whimsical. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Ours is a mishmash of ornaments.  I love it.  There's ones DH and I made growing up, ones the kids made, ones we bought on vacation, ones I get from my grandma every year since birth (she worked at Hallmark), other gifted ornaments...they all have a story, even the hand-me-down ornaments that our parents gave us when we bought our house.  I think it looks cozy. My grandma used to have a matchy tree every year and I always thought it looked too formal, and I am not a formal person.

I am picky about white lights though!

funny facebook fails - Son, I Am Disappoint
    see more Failbook
  • Ours is matching, but I do feel bad about it, because my grandparents bought me an ornament every year until I was 21. Now they buy them for my kids. I have none of them on my tree. Embarrassed

I am hoping some day to move and have room for a 2nd tree, and I will put all those ornaments on that tree. I am too anal to have all those on my main tree. Sad

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

Ours is matching, but I do feel bad about it, because my grandparents bought me an ornament every year until I was 21. Now they buy them for my kids. I have none of them on my tree. Embarrassed

I am hoping some day to move and have room for a 2nd tree, and I will put all those ornaments on that tree. I am too anal to have all those on my main tree. Sad

now that is depressing to me!!

And this poll would have been a lot more fun if we played 'guess who has a matching tree'.  Bonus points for 'guess who has multiple trees'.  Stick out tongue 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageZenya:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Ours is matching, but I do feel bad about it, because my grandparents bought me an ornament every year until I was 21. Now they buy them for my kids. I have none of them on my tree. Embarrassed

now that is depressing to me!!

And this poll would have been a lot more fun if we played 'guess who has a matching tree'.  Bonus points for 'guess who has multiple trees'.  Stick out tongue 

I agree. On all counts. I think you're super lame if you don't have a tree in your house with meaningful ornaments.
  • I have two trees too -- the big, real, pretty tree is a big jumble of ornaments and I love it.  Our small fake tree, the "children's tree," is matchy-matchy but that's just because I only started doing that one last year so bought all then ornaments at once.  It'll get all eclectic soon I hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"