Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How many 4 month olds are still waking to eat at night?

Just curious to see how many others are getting up for night feedings still.  My dd wakes up once a night to nurse (usually between 2-4 am).   
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many 4 month olds are still waking to eat at night?

• Options
    Mine does!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She typically gets up around 2:00 and around 4:30/5:00 to eat. However, she's been getting up every hour to 1.5 hours lately, so sleeping is not happening in our house. She's EBF (and I'm not sure the norm).
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do...down around 8 up between 3:30-4:30 to eat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At least once sometimes twice.  DS is turns 4 months tomorrow. 
  • Options
    not quite 4 months yet, but sometimes she wakes between 2 and 4 am and other nights she goes straight through to 6-7 am.  I have no idea what accounts for the additional hrs but she is so hungry when she wakes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mine does...
  • Options
    DD is a little younger than yours ... 3 1/2 months.  We put her down after a feeding between 8:45-9:15pm.  She typically sleeps until 4-5:30am when she wakes for a feeding then back down until 8:30-9:30am.
  • Options
    Mine!! He was STTN for a while with some nights waking b/w 5 and 6 if he couldn't make it until morning... THEN last week DH said "buddy, wouldn't it be nice for mama if you cut out that 5:00 feeding so she could sleep?" and he has been waking up twice a night ever since LOL... now b/w 2-3 and 5-6. YAY!!

• Options
    mine!  we usually wake up around 3, and she eats a lot too maybe 7 or 8 oz.. and then back to sleep til 8 or so.  sometimes she'll get up when i get up for work, and sometimes she'll sttn... every night is a surprise lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're at 5 months here, but still up 2 times a night (usually) to eat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Here. We were doing a feeding at 2am and 7am but now DD has decided we're waking up every 2 hours between 9pm and 7am and I'm struggling. She also decided only I do night feedings (we bf but I have milk in the fridge) and refuses any bottles from H.
  • Options
    Two night feedings, one around 3:30 and one around 6:30. Sometimes he wakes up around 12:30-1:00 too but DH rocks him back to sleep without feeding if he does.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Options
    He was almost STTN about a month and a half ago, and then he went to just waking up once a night. Last week we were at 2 feedings a night again. And now we're back at once a night. So it fluctuates every week.
    image   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are! DS sleeps 7:30 - 6:30 with 1 or 2 feedings.

We usually re-paci him when he wakes up for the first feeding, and sometimes he'll sleep until the next feeding, and sometimes he'll wake up 20 minutes later and I'll feed him.

I EBF. 

• Options
    My bean still wakes up at LEAST once...usually twice
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine does. Twice.   From 2-3 months it was just once and then the 3 month growth spurt hit and he's back to twice.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not every night, but fairly often (maybe 1/2-2/3 of the time. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    We are up once a night at 1 or 3 am, i am fine with that for now
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are still waking to eat, but that is not the only time she wakes. But I won't feed her until she has gone the amount of time she went the night before with eating. We are dealing with an ear infection and hard core teething right now, though, so maybe she will stop the extra wakings once we get past this. 
  • Options
    My DS wakes up twice (at least) to eat...he goes down between 7-8pm and is typically up by midnight to eat and then up again by 5am to eat.  Since I'm usually up at 4am for work, it's hard for me to think of the second feeding as a middle of the night feeding, lol! There were a couple weeks where he was sleeping until 2am and then again until 6-7am...but it's been at least a month since then.  Hoping things turn a corner soon.
  • Options
    She started STTN three nights in a row two weeks ago, then last week we went on vacation and her good sleep went down the drain. Since we've been back, the past three nights she has woken up at least 4 times. 
  • Options
    mine does once or twice a night.
  • Options
    My DD is 5 months now, and she still wakes up to eat during the night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mason wakes up once a night to eat.  Usually around 4-5am. He'll take a whole bottle and go back to sleep.  

Sometimes he gets up earlier to eat, but that's usually because he went to bed earlier.   

Mason James 
    July 23, 2011

Baby Girl Due June 9, 2015
  • Options

imageevanzmom11:
    He was almost STTN about a month and a half ago, and then he went to just waking up once a night. Last week we were at 2 feedings a night again. And now we're back at once a night. So it fluctuates every week.

EXACT same for us at almost 5 months.  

• Options
    Baby J has been STTN (about 9 to 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep) since he was 11 weeks old.  He is now 15 weeks.  A few times since he started sleeping through the night, he was not interested in eating, and so on those days he woke up hungry in the night, but that isn't the norm.  I know that not everyone agrees with it, but someone recommended that I use the sleeping/eating tips in the book "Babywise."   SOOOO amazing!!! 
  • Options
    Mine dd does once a night at around 4:30 or 5
  • Options

imagekrisim:
    Just curious to see how many others are getting up for night feedings still.  My dd wakes up once a night to nurse (usually between 2-4 am).   

Ds does the same thing.

• Options
    He wants to sleep at 6pm, wakes up once before midnight, once after midnight, then at 6 and then almost every two hours.

• Options
    My almost 5 month old still wakes up once if not twice to eat.  Bed at 7:30-8:00 and sometimes up around 10:00 and 3:00 then up at 6-6:30.  Sometimes 3:00ish and then up at 6-6:30.  I remember it being so tough to do with my first, but this time around its not that bad...I guess because my almost 3.5 year old still wakes up sometimes once a night...even if its just a dream that I hear her, I don't necessarily have to go into her room for her.
  • Options
    My kids will never sstn
  • Options
    Mine wakes up at least 3 times a night, but only once is a true "feeding"... the other times, he needs a binky or he needs to be rocked... I wish he was sleeping better, I'm exhausted all the time! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    Mine is still up every 2 - 2 1/2 hours like clockwork to eat.Between 6-9 weeks she slept 6-8 hours in a row but hasn't for over 2 months. Pacis don't work, just wants boob!
  • Options
    We get up at about 3-4:30 am most nights too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"