TTC after 35
Options

1st appt with RE, who I really liked a lot, but super annoyed with the OBGYN's office and a question

I did really like the RE I got referred to and I thought my obgyn was suppose to fax all the tests I had done to her by the time my appt was to come around, let me just say I had a Nov 2nd appt and the chart should have been sent before then then I had to cancel and rebook for today, Nov 30 and there was no chart, no results so going in without any of that info was really annoying, the RE is like do you know your levels adn I am like uh no the OB just told me it was normal, basically it was like that for everything-annoying, almost a waste of a visit!

Then I called the OBGYN's office and asked for them to make copies and I will pick them up now and they are like no well we cant do them today! UH so frustrating!

Since I am mid cycle they really cant to much right now.... so I guess I wait until my period and get baseline tests done then, hope I dont get it but who knows??

Anyway whats the deal with the genetic testing, has anyone gotten that done before you are even pregnant? is it worth the $350 if your ins doesnt cover it?

Re: 1st appt with RE, who I really liked a lot, but super annoyed with the OBGYN's office and a question

• Options

That is so frustrating!  I did have the genetic testing done and I did not have my insurance pay for it.  At our RE you either have to have it done or sign a waiver.  My sister has a child with a genetic disorder.  My sister was tested and found out that she also had the disorder but did not display any symptoms.  Her doctor requested that all other family members be tested so that they could track which family members in our family had the disorder and which were carriers.  I was able to have the testing done and paid for at that point (maybe 8 years ago) and I found out that I was not a carrier.

Because of this family history, I just wanted to be really sure that I was not putting my child at risk of something that I could have prevented.  I paid the $350 and it was worth it to know that I had all of the information possible going forward.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did have the genetic testing done but my insurance paid for it. It did give me piece of mind that I was not a carrier for anything so I think I would have paid to have it done if I didn't have the coverage.
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry your GYN is delaying things. FWIW, we had to repeat every test we had done with my GYN for the RE anyway. I only remember that we refused to do the CF test because insurance wouldn't cover it. Good luck.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"