High-Risk Pregnancy

perigestational bleed

Hi ladies,

My Dr. just called and said that at my 8 week ultrasound they found a perigestational bleed.  I am now 11 weeks.  She said it is a bleed behind the sack that can cause vaginal bleeding or can be reabsorbed into the body.  I haven't had any bleeding so they are doing an US tomorrow to make sure it hasn't grown. If it has grown it can cause a miscarriage. I'm really nervous about this since this is my first pregnancy.  Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice or thoughts would really help my stress! Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: perigestational bleed

• I had one too noted at 8 weeks and it was very scary.  So sorry that you have to go through this!  

Mine was what's called a subchorionic hematoma or hemorrhage (SCH).  The MD said that it was very common and it's caused when the placenta is implanting into the uterus.  Sometimes the placental growth is a little too quick and a bleed results.  I didn't have any cramping or bleeding either before or after they noted it.  I am on a Lovenox (blood thinner) for a clotting disorder.  They dropped the dose immediately.  My MD only had me avoid strenuous activity, but I was still allowed to work (and she knows that I'm on my feet a lot).  I just went back for an US @ 9 wks and the bleed was gone - yeah! My body had just reabsorbed it and the baby is doing great!  

I think that you have already have the US by the time of this response.  I hope it goes well! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"