June 2011 Moms
Options

Maybe I shouldn't have watched

I started watching One Born Every Minute last night but fell asleep. I just finished watching the DVR and it was at the part where everyone finally had thier baby. Well I ended up with a c-section and have been upset about it since. Maybe watching women have vaginal births was not a good idea. It just pi$$es me off even more. Especially since my physician said she wasn't comfortable with me doing a VBAC because of my bicornuate urterus. I need to get over this......
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maybe I shouldn't have watched

• Options
    I watched the tail end of it, and I shouldn't have either...but for different reasons.  Even though it is totally not going to happen, it just makes me want another one even more.  And we just can't go there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBrandySun:
    I watched the tail end of it, and I shouldn't have either...but for different reasons.  Even though it is totally not going to happen, it just makes me want another one even more.  And we just can't go there.

This. I was crying my eyes out watching - it was definitely not good for the baby fever. And while we're planning another one, now would not be a good time.  Maybe I shouldn't watch anymore (ah who am I kidding, I'm going to torture myself by watching every week).

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm right there with you!!  I'm still kind of pissed that I had to have a c-section as well. It just wasn't what I wanted especially because the baby and I were doing fine.  But I am happy that my little guy is here of course :)
  • Options

imagejkchs2003:
    I started watching One Born Every Minute last night but fell asleep. I just finished watching the DVR and it was at the part where everyone finally had thier baby. Well I ended up with a c-section and have been upset about it since. Maybe watching women have vaginal births was not a good idea. It just pi$$es me off even more. Especially since my physician said she wasn't comfortable with me doing a VBAC because of my bicornuate urterus. I need to get over this......

Side note on that...  I have uterus Didephys and had a hard time finding people to talk to about it.  I had so many warnings from the doctors about getting pregnant and possible miscarriages and early labor, etc. and was scared out of my mind the whole pregnancy.  How did your pregnancy go other than your delivery, if you don't mind me asking?

• Options
    imageMrsI:

imagejkchs2003:

Side note on that...  I have uterus Didephys and had a hard time finding people to talk to about it.  I had so many warnings from the doctors about getting pregnant and possible miscarriages and early labor, etc. and was scared out of my mind the whole pregnancy.  How did your pregnancy go other than your delivery, if you don't mind me asking?

Another side note.....I have a uterine septum and had a very hard time finding anyone to talk to when we decided to start ttc. Ah uterine anomalies, what fun.
  • Options
    imagehappylife4:
    imageMrsI:

imagejkchs2003:

Another side note.....I have a uterine septum and had a very hard time finding anyone to talk to when we decided to start ttc. Ah uterine anomalies, what fun.

My pregnancy went fine other than my water breaking 3 weeks early. I didn't even find out about my bicornuate uterus until I went for my first appointment to confirm pregnancy.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha! DH definitely got a phone call today after I watched it on the dvr. I told him we should move up our time to start ttc, he declined. When I told him what I'd been watching he just groaned, he remembers coming home to me in hysterics over the baby with shoulder dystocia lol.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are upset over not having a natural birth.  That's really too bad.  I was induced with DS and just never progressed.  They kept cranking the Pitocin and I just had no action even after 3 Cytotek.  He was 9 pounds and I was so stinking happy because I was a little freaked over a vaginal birth to be honest!  This time they thought DD might be 11 pounds.  She was 9 pounds 14 ounces and they had a really hard time getting her out!  I would hate to think if she would have come out vaginally.  They pushed and pushed on me to deliver her.  So try not to dwell on it too much.  Just be so glad that beautiful baby was delivered safely!  I know it's hard when things don't go like we have it planned.  I am such a planner too.
  • Options

I have found that I am really sensitive about having a c-section. I needed it and Avery would have not come on his own. They had a really hard time getting him out. Watching OBEM didnt bother me, but people I know have.

A friend just had her 4th baby. Her DH posted on FB that his wife is superwoman and was leaving the hospital less than 24 hours after giving birth. There were a series of other posts that just really irritated me. I know petty. I told DH that is bothered me. It came across as bragging, not excitement. I have been sick so we havent seen the baby yet, but I am kinda gladEmbarrassed because I fill so bitter. It would be like me rubbing it in her face that I was below pre-preg weight before I left the hospital...When I scheduled my c-section, she asked me if I was sure that was what I really wanted and that god makes womens bodies to give birth. Barf!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"