Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

teething? help!

I don't know what is going on with my LO these last two days. She doesn't have a fever, no sickness. She's obviously teething but she has been for over 2 months with just mild crankiness.

She has now been screaming non stop for over 2 hours. Nothing consoles her. I've tried everything, literally everything. She cried most of yesterday, and most of today up until this point.

I'm losing it. Lucy has been the easiest child since day 1. I think the most she has ever cried collectively in a day is 30 minutes. Seriously. I don't know if I'm just having such a hard time because I've been spoiled with an easy baby, or if something is really wrong. I'm going to take her to the pediatrician first thing tomorrow, but I didn't know if anyone had any advice to help us make it through the rest of the day and tonight.

I know this has probably been brought up a million times, but I need some help! 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
Lucy 07-13-11
Violet 03-13-14
Conceived #3 since September 2015
11-25-15 twelve week loss
07-21-16 ten week loss
10-03-16 5 week loss
TTC again soon!

Re: teething? help!

• Options

Ellie is a very easy going baby so when she cries like that it really puts me on edge and jump to worse case scenarios. I understand your stress.

Have you tried letting her chew on a very cold wet washcloth? I know a lot of people on here don't like Orajel but it's been a sanity saver in our house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have had a fussy baby from day 1 - sorry you're going through this - it is not easy. When it gets bad and she's inconsolable... we revert to a bath or a car ride. Also, try to relax - I know, believe me I know, its hard.

Glad you're going to the pedi, it will give you peace of mind.

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were dealing with this on Monday. When we went to the pedi that afternoon it turns out she has an ear infection. Lo also did not have a fever, but still had the infection. She has been a mess for the last 3 days. I can feel/see a tooth coming in, so that + the infection have been so hard for all of us. Hopefully the pedi will have an answer for you tomorrow. 

LO has really enjoyed sucking / biting down on my finger. She positioned it herself in her mouth, which was when I was able to feel the tooth. But sucking on my finger really calmed her down, and we even got some smiles while she was doing it :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

sometimes when nothing else works i sing to LO.  usually i just repeat twinkle twinkle over and over again b/c i can't remember the words to anything else... haha!  sorry if you tried this already, but if not it's worth a shot.  hope your LO feels better soon! :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dealt with this a week or so ago and I called the doc to see if there was anything else I could try... He had some tylenol, I was rocking him... he was full... Doc said, use orajel... just be sure to only use as directed.  I finally broke down and we have a much happier house.  When he gets super fussy I use it - maybe 1 or 2 times a week. If it gets worse i'll use it more and just make sure I'm not over using it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"