March 2012 Moms
Options

uhhh give it to my straight guys **UPDATE HELP!!!**

how bad did I just fvck up by washing DH's "dry clean" only suit ? DH texted me asking what I was doing and I told him I was getting things ready for his business trip in a couple weeks and that I'd tossed his suit in the wash. I know I've washed the pants before, but I can't remember if I've ever really cleaned the jacket....oops. 

He texted me back "did you read the tag? dry clean only!"

uhhh no obviously not. I'm scared to go get it out of the wash....since this is not a cheap suit.  

UPDATE: HOLY FVCKING SH!T it is completely torn up.....Like the inside is ripped up the you know, lining part............DH is gonna kill me. The pockets on the outside are totally ruined too. The pants, totally fine. 

Anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive suit jacket in solid black??? 

Re: uhhh give it to my straight guys **UPDATE HELP!!!**

• Options
    I really depends. I have a few "dry clean only" items that I always wash on delicate and line dry that are fine. Others, I have ruined accidentally washing them once. 
  • Options

If you've washed the slacks before; it's probably fine. Let it finish washing (it's a done deal at this point) and let it hang to dry.

In all likelihood, it's fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If it is messed up, take it to the cleaners they maybe able to fix it.  Hang it up to dry if it looks okay.  Hopefully it will be okay. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hang dry it and if it still looks funky see if you can take it to a cleaners and have it professionally pressed.  That may help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh I feel so bad. I'm glad there might be some options to fix it if it looks like crap. I'm also really glad I made this mistake 2 weeks before his trip instead of the morning before he leaves. 
  • Options

As long as it was machine wash gentle, and you didn't put it in the dryer, it should be OK.  If it's wool, drying it could shrink it a little - unless you take pains to keep its shape while it's wet.

I frequently machine-wash gentle or hand wash most acetates, rayons, polyester blends, silks, and sometimes cashmeres and wool blends.  I don't machine-wash leather, and I don't machine dry any of these items.  The cashmere and the wool blends are typically just fine, but tend to shrink slightly if put in the dryer, and also tend to show signs of wear (like pilling) faster.

• Options
    imageds1247:

If it is messed up, take it to the cleaners they maybe able to fix it.  Hang it up to dry if it looks okay.  Hopefully it will be okay. 

I would try this first before buying a new jacket.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i wash almost every fabric except wool, cashmere, and silk.  did you know some clothing manufacturers actually put "dry clean only" on the label on purpose because it makes people think it's made with more expensive fabrics?!!!

even part wool fabrics can be washed (think <25%).  some partially wool may felt a little though. 

hold up the jacket and see if the outer fabric is still the same size as the lining.  if so, you're golden.

• Options

JCPenney ???

But where ever you go - make sure to take the pants with.  Not all blacks/browns/navys match.  At least you have some time to replace it Tongue Tied

Edited: Not sure of the color.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Don't know if you have them near you, but maybe Burlington Coat Factory or somewhere like Ross or TJ Maxx?

Like PP said though, I'd make sure to take the pants with you because not everything matches even though it's the same color.

"Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • Options

imageIteachPK:
    Ugh I feel so bad. I'm glad there might be some options to fix it if it looks like crap. I'm also really glad I made this mistake 2 weeks before his trip instead of the morning before he leaves. 

At least you found the bright side! You have plenty of time to find a solution, don't let yourself get too stressed. Plus right now there are sales and coupons everywhere. You should be able to find a good deal somewhere!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Found a good deal at Target, a new black suit only cost 45$ and then I'll go get him a new dress shirt and tie in store. Crisis averted. 
  • Options
    Kohls and JCP usually have good deals.
  • Options

Oh Lilly that sucks!  But at least you know for future reference pretty much all suit jackets are dry clean only.  I know my parents would take theirs in every few months.  

Also if there is damage to the jacket you could take it to a tailor to have it fixed.  I have seen some tailors do absolutely amazing repair jobs.    

ETA: You also now have an idea for a Christmas gift for him (in case you needed one)! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"