Cloth Diapering

Pocket insert OCD help

I finally realized what my issue with having all different types of diapers was.  That the inserts won't "match" the diapers brand that they came with. 

So for those of you with all different types of pocket diapers, do you just stuff them with the first one you grab, or do you actually make sure, say the BG inserts go into a BG diaper?  I'm 99.9% sure I'm overthinking this, but that 0.1% is considering just replacing them all with the same type of insert so I don't have to think about it ever again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pocket insert OCD help

• I always match the insert to the correct diaper. It's not a big deal for me. Like matching socks up. Guess I'm OCD too! :)
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • imageemsrdh03:
    I always match the insert to the correct diaper. It's not a big deal for me. Like matching socks up. Guess I'm OCD too! :)

I am the same way also.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just stuff w/whatever insert is on top. FWIW, I only have HH and BG's and DS is on the largest setting on all of them. I'd probably match them up if he were on smaller settings, though, b/c the BG inserts snap down for the smaller sizes.
    DS1: Wild Man born 11/28/07
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I match them it, it's no big deal. I even write which kind it is on the tag (if it doesn't say) with a sharpie for DH. Or I just put in a generic babykicks hemp insert.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I have some Fuzzi Bunz that I started with, and some that are an older style that were given to me.  The inserts from the older ones are thinner, so I definetly make sure those go in the older diapers.  If I had more than one brand I'm sure I would match them up.

I make sure that all of LO's outfits stay together, and I have a really hard time splitting them up.  DH on the other hand doesn't have a clue.  It drives me crazy when he pulls a shirt out of the outfit drawer and pairs it with pants from the pants drawer.  I guess I'm just a little OCD about these kinds of things.  I can even tell you where/who most of his clothes came too Embarrassed

image'>image

• I match all mine, it sounds strange but you can tell which ones come from where. EX: the BG has snaps, flips have sewn in creases for the different sizes, fuzzibunz are thick and the kawaii are thin.
  • imageMyBella:
    I match all mine, it sounds strange but you can tell which ones come from where. EX: the BG has snaps, flips have sewn in creases for the different sizes, fuzzibunz are thick and the kawaii are thin.

This exactly!  It all makes sense when you are doing the laundry.  Plus, some don't fit in others.  Like the Kawaii inserts don't fit into Sunbaby because Sunbaby is trimmer.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use BG's, but I've replaced all of my MF inserts, due to stink issues. So no, I never use BG inserts in BG diapers.

Aside from the BGs, I have some pockets I made myself, and I use the same inserts that I use in my BGs.

I do have one Softbums Omni, and I tend to use the insert that came with that one. It's very distinctive. But a few times, DH has stuffed it with one of my other inserts, and that works fine, too.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"